DSC

Closed Circuit Delay?

Hi everyone,

Im looking to have a closed circuit video and tv setup that has a slight delay. Maybe 20 seconds tops. Im hoping Im able to use my current video camcorder with av outs and hook into a device (DVR or PC) that can simply put the video feed on a delay to a monitor or TV. Is that something that is possible without breaking the bank? Thanks for the help.

-Alex

Hi everyone,

Im looking to have a closed circuit video and tv setup that has a slight delay. Maybe 20 seconds tops. Im hoping Im able to use my current video camcorder with av outs and hook into a device (DVR or PC) that can simply put the video feed on a delay to a monitor or TV. Is that something that is possible without breaking the bank? Thanks for the help.

-Alex

Why?

Hi everyone,

-Alex

Why?

Why?

I was confused about why you'd need a feature like this but through google searches it sounds like maybe for video streaming or some kind of broadcasting where you'd want the delay to allow for censoring live footage or something.

If its for streaming, I found this software which would allow for a settable delay.

http://www.xsplit.com/posts/325

Yeah that link I gave can be set, I believe to any where between 1 second and 3 minutes but I read further on and it seems it wouldn't work for what I was supposing he wanted to do which is censor live video.

Hi everyone,

-Alex

Why?

Its for a gym, the owner wants the client to be able to see his/her form when lifting. So essentially the person would be able to review their form after they lift. For some reason or another the owner wants a delay. He asked me to help find something that would work, thats all Im trying to do.

I was confused about why you'd need a feature like this but through google searches it sounds like maybe for video streaming or some kind of broadcasting where you'd want the delay to allow for censoring live footage or something.

If its for streaming, I found this software which would allow for a settable delay.

http://www.xsplit.com/posts/325

Thanks, I will look into this. Appreciate the help.

I think the op was asking for an option that has minimal delay "20 seconds tops". His English is just poor.

Really dont understand what is so bad about my english. I read my original post and it makes complete sense other than the fact that I dont explain why I need the delay. Which at the time I didnt think was necessary. So, let me try and dumb this down for you. I have a video camcorder, and I have a monitor/tv. I need something to delay the feed between the video camera and the monitor. What kind of hardware or software do I need to use to offer a delay of about 20 seconds?

I think the op was asking for an option that has minimal delay "20 seconds tops". His English is just poor.

Really dont understand what is so bad about my english. I read my original post and it makes complete sense other than the fact that I dont explain why I need the delay. Which at the time I didnt think was necessary. So, let me try and dumb this down for you. I have a video camcorder, and I have a monitor/tv. I need something to delay the feed between the video camera and the monitor. What kind of hardware or software do I need to use to offer a delay of about 20 seconds?

Nothing wrong with your English , Fenderman just has a problem with comprehension