paowens76

Saving Avi Files with new geovision software

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to save mpeg4 files from the geovision system directly to cd. Here's what I did

Went to video audio log.

selected the clip I wanted to save.

Clicked the avi button.

changed the directory to my cd writer directory.

Clicked save.

Got the following error:

Merge error! saving avi file occurred error.

Has anyone been copying avi files directly to cd??? I know I can save them to the C: drive and copy them from there,but I don't want customers to be able to exit out of the system( for obvious reasons). I'm using software version 7.04.

Cheers,

Paul.

The error message you received seems to imply that saving the file to the CD directly won’t work due to the merging of the separate video streams. The program probably needs to have the hard drive to properly merge the files.

That is what the backup program is for. Create the backup and then write it to CD\DVD. You won’t be able to extract an exact amount of video like you can with the Save AVI file option, but it work.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for the suggestion, it's just with the old versions of the software I used a re-writable cd and formatted it with nero InCd so it showed up as a mountable/removable drive and I could copy the video files straight on it!!. Because it's been done before the Boss now thinks we should still be able to do it with the newer version of the software. I've been in contact with geovision and they never even knew it was possible to transfer video files directly this way, so I don't really hold out much hope that they will answer this one for me.

Although the new software is really alot better than the older versions I might have to stick with them for now unless anyone can help me out with this.

Cheers,

Paul.

I haven’t tried what you are trying to do, so I don’t know for sure whether it is possible.

When you copy files like that to a disc it requires packet writing software and I thought maybe that was the reason. But if you were able to do it in the past, I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to do it,

unless they changed something in the way that program works that caused that to stop working.

Maybe you don’t have the packet writing aspect of the software running in memory?

Don't know if this pertains to your situation, but maybe take a look.

http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/Support_News_SP2_Packet_Writing_Problems.html