Modell

Netpromax help please

Greetings.

I am using a Netpromax 4 channel card installed and working well(most of the time) in a P4 2.4 Gig/1Gig ram system. The part I need help with is getting a better understanding of how this card is used on a LAN. I have been able to run FXClient several times on one machine and connected ok but most of the time I can not.When I have coinnected it seems to have do so on it's own. I am confused as to what I need to enter in the LOGIN menu where it asks for DVR Location Code. I have the host system DVR name registered but when I enter that I am told it is already registered. If I make one up and fill in the rest and click ok I am sent to the setup screen that does me no good as I am not connected. I never see anything to connect to and no matter how many times I try to ADD a configuration nothing appears to take. I have FX-Client installed on other systems and there are locations visible to connect to but systems crash if it seems I have entered everything right.

I like this card but am ready to try another for lack of what to do. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

TIA Modell

i had a client who has a few of their systems, worked well.

They are a member on this forum so incase you havent tried to email them yet, try the PM feature.

http://www.cctvforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1314

I never used the DDNS feature, always had Static Ips, so cant help there, otherwise systems with remote audio worked well. They were prebuilt systems from NetPromax though. Its been a while but i think we just entered any site ID that we made up, the IP, user and pass are the important thing.

Rory

I have tried everything countless times. Each time I make up a dvr location I either am told that it is not registered or it is and I must try another. Today when I restarted the system and launched FX-Client I have connectivity. I have no idea how or why so I can not duplicate or be sure it will start next time. The online list is of no help with the lack of sence in the report. I did read some old post regarding this card and was hoping someone could walk be through a few things but I will try your link.

Thanks