janmal

H.264 Network DVR - total non-techno help needed please

hi,

i bought the H.264 Network DVR, user manual useless to say least but ive stumbled along and managed to hook up the cameras which are working to the dvr and monitor etc.

Ive just installed the hard internal -drive and set to record.

However, to test playback - it says:

The following channel has no file.

how can i record or am i missing something really basic out?

i have no techno or electrical know-how, plug and play or spell it out in basic easy english for me to follow please.

desperate to get this up and running asap.

thanks everyone

Got it working!

However, i do now have 2 more problems -

1. one camera has managed to put itself on full zoom, but the settings on the system shows as normal and cannot reduce the zoom - is it possible to do a manual reset or override?

2. cannot access the live view on my tablet, dont know what info to put in what settings?

(user manual was barely worth the paper it was written on so apologies for basic user questions!)

(user manual was barely worth the paper it was written on so apologies for basic user questions!)

If you can not get it working with a manual, how do you expect anyone to help you at all without a manual, and without even knowing what DVR you are talking about?

i said the manual was basic! another poster on a thread us using the same equipment and said the same about the manual but he didnt get any scathing replies.

i also said i wasnt a techno, and asked politely for help!

the name of the equipment is H.264 DVR as i already said.

i have images i can upload and can explain what the problem is - as i have already done so.

this is the system:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/ultra-low-price-4ch-cctv-dvr-kit-h-264-4-outdoor-waterproof-color-cameras_p325408:ae5ee5ef048a4b7c94dd42d7b38cc8a7.html?litb_from=sysmail

i thought the whole idea of help forums is to make people feel welcome and to try to support them not alienate them - thanks Mindtwist!

i actually said i had it working, but have issue with one camera (out of 4) and loading the network info - they are the same principles for most set-ups?

the name of the equipment is H.264 DVR as i already said.

(...)

i thought the whole idea of help forums is to make people feel welcome and to try to support them not alienate them - thanks Mindtwist!

i actually said i had it working, but have issue with one camera (out of 4) and loading the network info - they are the same principles for most set-ups?

Saying your DVR is "H.264 DVR" gives as much information as me saying that I just bought a "car that has 4 wheels". H264 is the compression algorithm, and DVR is "digital video recorder". So, any DVR you buy now will be a "H.264 DVR".

The whole idea of a forum is to give help; and if you do expect someone to actually be able to help you, you should at least provide a minimum information on what your problem is, since no one here will magically know what DVR you just bought, or what software you are trying to use to access the DVR from your tablet.

You are welcome.

i attached a link to the equipement i purchased - there is no further info or model other than the front of the case being H.264 hence why i also attached the link!

i thought i HAD explained the issues in my previous messages AND said i had images if needed?

i have managed to fix the zoom on my own btw, so dont need that help now - just the access information to view on a tablet.

i also did say i wasnt a techno at all and hence needed help, yet all you have done is criticise mindtwist.

After 4 posts you still have not even bothered to post what tablet you are using, or what software you use to try to access your DVR. And why upload any images that might help? It is better to just say that you have them, but why bother uploading them?

Good luck with your H.264 Network DVR.

After 4 posts you still have not even bothered to post what tablet you are using, or what software you use to try to access your DVR. And why upload any images that might help? It is better to just say that you have them, but why bother uploading them?

Good luck with your H.264 Network DVR.

its because of someone like you i have to install cctv to protect myself. idiot bully

admin - please remove me from this site