steved20

HD-SDI Help I'm Baffled

Hi there, I have a computer with 2 hahua HD-SDI video cards, I have 6 HD-SDI cctv cameras to go with it. I was using a usb dvr card with 6 analogue cameras, I disconnected all cameras, connected my new HD-SDI cameras in to the Dahua dvr cards directly on the back of the computer all work great. When I connected the HD-SDI cameras to the existing wiring the cameras are showing as no signal. There is power to the camera, I have checked the existing wiring with a multi meter all is good, could someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I went to Maplins and bought a 10 amp power supply as I thought that would help, I bought a new 20 metre lead to see if that would work and it doesnt. I plugged all the cameras back directly in to the computer and all the cameras work fine with the new power supply. Thanks in advance for any help I am given, Regards Steven in the UK.

just normal cctv leads that were used for the existing system with BNC adapters on the ends The connectors are Red for power, white and yellow

just normal cctv leads that were used for the existing system with BNC adapters on the ends The connectors are Red for power, white and yellow

sounds like cheap lead kits. with going over to HD-SDI you do need to replace your cable with a good coax

RG59 with power is best. what area of UK are you.

have you used these.

232307_1.jpg

My leads look like like them, I thought and have read online that you can use existing cables with HD-SDI cameras. why dont these cables work?

I took a camera apart and the wire strands going in to the camera are so thin. I dont want to buy more equipment when I dont need it, would the cameras definatly work with different cable?

Before finding this forum I was looking around for different cable and it all seems quite standard like the cable I have, the only HD-SDI cable I could find was video cable.

My leads look like like them, I thought and have read online that you can use existing cables with HD-SDI cameras. why dont these cables work?

I took a camera apart and the wire strands going in to the camera are so thin. I dont want to buy more equipment when I dont need it, would the cameras definatly work with different cable?

Before finding this forum I was looking around for different cable and it all seems quite standard like the cable I have, the only HD-SDI cable I could find was video cable.

those lead kits are just junk and you cant run your new cameras on them

you will need to go RG59 and not the cheap stuff and also good BNCs

I'm in enfield north london is there anywhere near me I could buy some tomorrow

Hi steve no not on a sunday only place would be maplins and there coax is TV which is not good for CCTV same as the coax in B&Q

you could try a local installer give them a ring see if they could sell you coax and BNCs

but I would try Monday and call to your local CEF store its called RG59 Coax + 2 Cores ShotGun

http://www.cef.co.uk/branches/enfield

Thanks for all your help, I will go Monday if I can't find anything tomorrow

75oms for CCTV don't make the mistake of buying satellite cable

Hi there, can you recommend somewhere I can buy the leads in 20 metre lengths with the bnc and power connections already made?

I bought a 75ohm 1metre lead from maplins to test the cameras and it worked, I will buy the cable from the store you recommended tomorrow.