pete1606

Home CCTV user

Hello my name is Peter. i live in New York City and we have a vacation 'home' in Pennsylvania. We had a CCTV system in PA since 2006, We learned a lot through trial and error.

the reason i put 'home' in vacation home in Quotes is because it is not actually a house, but instead a travel trailer we use as a stationary vacation home. We have a DVR up there but we were never able to configure the remote access.

At our permanent home we wanted to setup a CCTV system for years, a matter of fact my father when he renovated the house in the 1980's he ran coax and it appears that he also ran CAT 3 wires, which can be used for networks! i just wish he used Siamese coax cable, but for the 80's what he installed was really forward thinking.

It recently became a more pressing issue to install a CCTV system at home, we believe our neighbor may have poisoned our dog by placing it in our yard, he is ok now, we just want to be able to have evidence. One of our neighbors have been putting in bogus complaints with the city, our backyard has no access from the street or any public areas as it is a row house, so the inspector would have to observe from their yard.

I look forward to your advice in my upcoming posts as well as sharing the challenges and what I learned from installing cameras in a travel trailer and how I hid the wires!

---------------------------

Keywords:

RV caravan fifth wheel motorhome motor home fw tt mh