pete1606

recording resolution compared to camera resolution?

hello,

I have cameras that are 420 lines of resolution. I currently have my DVR resolution set to record at D1 which is DVD quality, but I know 420 lines is not close to DVD quality.

My question is am I 'wasting' space by recording at D1, also if I lower the recording resolution to HD1, will I be 'losing' detail in the recording?

Peter

This must be a translation problem Joseph. It almost looks like you are recommending CIF to capture more detail?!?

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about wasting storage space. Just use D1 and don't worry about it unless you've only got a few days of storage space available. Really, do you need more than, say, a week or so unless you stop monitoring and ignore things for a while?

This must be a translation problem Joseph. It almost looks like you are recommending CIF to capture more detail?!?

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about wasting storage space. Just use D1 and don't worry about it unless you've only got a few days of storage space available. Really, do you need more than, say, a week or so unless you stop monitoring and ignore things for a while?

yes sir thank you for your instruction. Actually, I say yes to ansewer his question. With regarding compare D1 with CIF, I do not think 420TVL at D1 would be better than path on CIF.