Sign in to follow this  
akelley

ONVIF Recording

Does anyone know what version of ONVIF supports recording to NVRs? I have a Dahua IFCW2100 with the latest firmware, connected to Avigilon ACC5 (latest build). It's attached and can view video, but does not allow recording (either via motion or manual recording). I believe the latest Dahua firmware for my camera supports ONVIF 2.0, but I may be mistaken. Any ideas?

Does anyone know what version of ONVIF supports recording to NVRs? I have a Dahua IFCW2100 with the latest firmware, connected to Avigilon ACC5 (latest build). It's attached and can view video, but does not allow recording (either via motion or manual recording). I believe the latest Dahua firmware for my camera supports ONVIF 2.0, but I may be mistaken. Any ideas?

You right

at least for now no motion recording

I would suggest switch to HIK

better camera anyway

I've used Synology and currently Milestone XProtect with my Dahua cameras with old and current firmware via ONVIF without any problems. If you are into ONVIF and want to snoop around the camera to see what version it's using, what commands it supports, check ONVIF Device Manager, it's free.

Thanks for the responses. It's not a big deal - I just had these laying around and was hoping to use them because they were cheap and they throw a good amount of IR light.

ak357, when you say "at least for now no motion recording" are you implying that ACC will be updated to address this, or when Dahua releases a new firmware updating the ONVIF driver in their camera to support this feature? Just wasn't clear on what you meant by that comment.

You right

better camera anyway

Are you saying that ACC 5 supports motion recording with HIK cameras? HIKVision isn't listed as a compatible camera on the avigilon site.

You right

better camera anyway

Are you saying that ACC 5 supports motion recording with HIK cameras? HIKVision isn't listed as a compatible camera on the avigilon site.

Yes

I have tested both Dahua and Hikvision with Avigilon.

Dahua needs to update their onvif driver for motion to work.

Hikvision works great with motion, except you only have 1 motion window to configure.

I have tested both Dahua and Hikvision with Avigilon.

Dahua needs to update their onvif driver for motion to work.

Hikvision works great with motion, except you only have 1 motion window to configure.

Which specific model HIKVision camera did you test with Avigilon?

Okay, I just got a HIKVision DS-2CD2032-I and got it connected to ACC5 server via ONVIF. However, it does not give me the option of motion recording, just manual recording. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what settings I need to change?

ACC version is 5.0.0.62 (23396) Enterprise edition.

Thanks

camera.jpg.d7422b678eb068244a9dbfdc5e6efcbb.jpg

The motion settings are controlled on the camera web page. Provided its all correct, you should see the time line show motion recording in playback.