Brainfire

Remote Feed Problem - Full Details Supplied.

Hi to all.....

Have been trying to set up a friends DVR for remote access, but no joy up to now - details as follows:

DVR: QVIS Discovery

Router: Netgear WGR614

ISP: Virgin (UK)

App: Discovery App from Play Store

A browser connection to the DVR seems to almost work - it brings up the interface and lets me login - clicking on the play icon for any of the cameras starts Quicktime; the logo appears and the animated bar scrolls along the bottom of the screen, then it freezes. Using the 'Discovery' app for the DVR says it connects, then after about 5 seconds flashes up the error 'The network cannot get the data.'

A DDNS is in use, so in a browser or the app, the settings are DDNSUSER and port 80 (have also tried other ports with the same result).

The internal static IP address of the DVR is 192.168.0.15 - port 80 is currently forwarded to this IP

Router internal IP is 192.168.0.1

There is a media port setting on the DVR (not sure what this is for?) - this is currently set to 34567 - adding this to the port forwarding (TCP) makes no difference.

I can get it to work in a browser when on the internal network using the internal IP address of the DVR - same interface and login, but the playback appears now.

I initially tried using the supplied Virgin Superhub for port forwarding, but it kept randomly closing the open port for router remote access, and also the DVR port. I then switched the Superhub to modem mode, and connected the Netgear router - no problem now with the ports not being open.

I've tried everything including different ports, turning off the router firewall, UPnp and SIP ALG.

I'm now frustrated and stumped - to me, if the web access is showing the login page and interface, it must be connecting to the DVR, so why no picture? Same applies to the App.....

TIA