dorough

e-mail from Dahua NVR not working

I'm trying to set up my 16-channel NVR (http://www.securitycameraking.com/16-channel-elite-series-standalone-59060-prd1.html) to send me an e-mail when an alarm is triggered. I have two e-mail accounts that I can use in the SMTP settings. Evidently you have to ping the smtp server to get the IP address and use that in the input menu. I'm using all the right info... user names, passwords, ports, authentication, etc... and NOTHING seems to get the job done. I've followed all of the directions I've been able to find including the PDF at http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_4_3.html. I've checked the "Health e-mail" box and the "enable" box. No combination works.

Any ideas?

Have you called SCK customer service? You should. From my experience with emails on dvrs, it's best to use your cable provider email account. My ISP is optimum and I use my optimum email account for the sender. Works every time. Never had success with gmail or any other for the sender. The receiver, no problem. Also, can you at least get motion emails? Or are you stuck at testing?

Several... gmail, comcast, 1and1. Nothing works. Just got off the phone with SCK tech support and they stepped me through all the steps I'd already been through. Only thing they can figure is that since I'm working remotely, that I may need to actually be at the NVR and make sure my menu settings are "sticking." Guess I'll stop by and check that out. But the info he gave me was spot on with how I'd always configured my NVRs/DVRs. I'm just pulling my hair out on this one.

So your info has worked with other units? Maybe you do need to input it in the nvr itself. But it's odd cause I think I've always set it up remotely with no trouble. But of your info has worked with other units, at least you know that's correct.

Hmm I had it happen before, but that was cause I forgot to put in the DNS information under network. But since you have it working remotely that might not be the case.