jcovarrubias

AVTECH DVR MDR759ZB

Hi, hope anyne can help me with this problem?

I have an Avtech MDR759ZB DVR which works perfectly as a standalone unit, I use default 0000 for admin.

However, when I connect to it over my local network I am unable to login via browser or videoviewer. At the welcome screen I have use username : admin and password: admin that Then, having entered the verification code (again, using uppercase when displayed) the login fails with the message:

ERROR: Authentication error.

My PC and DVR are on the same LAN, I can ping it, etc but unable to access remotly

Hope any one can help.

best regards

Jorge

Perhaps try setting up a new user altogether. They may have blocked the admin default from being accessible for the LAN for security reasons. Create a new user and password, and then try to access again through the LAN using that new username and password.

mateck8888,

DVR has two accounts by default adminitrator and operator, however there is no option to create more accounts on it.

I saw on video viewer SW that you can create more users with different permissions but I can´t get access as describe on my initial post.

thank you

Has this been working ok before?

Strangely , I have a customer with an Avtech dvr who phoned me the other day with similar problems.

It was working ok (I installed it )

He couldn't log on via the cms viewer or with the web browser.

If you log on to the dvr locally ( monitor and mouse)

Then re enter the admin and admin password fields in the remote log on fields.

You may have to factory reset first.

So it sound like you can log in locally but there is no way to add a user. But you can add a user with the remote software, but can't log in.

It seems really strange of any unit to only allow creating users by remote software, and not locally at the actual unit. You could try what fertilebert suggested.

Is there a .pdf manual of this thing? I went to the manufacture web site and found nothing... which would be really sad if they didn't bother to put up a .pdf manual somewhere.

first thank al for your replies and apologies for not clarifying, here are two comments:

1) DVR was previous configure so probably owner forgot remote users password (I'm assuming he changed it); I'm researching this with owner

2) I can´t create users with software I can´t get into DVR

So I'll guess that I might need to reset factory default setting if owner do not have old admin password for connecting thru browser or video viewer

question now

Is there a way to reset from DVR system menu without losing recordings? OR do I need to reset removing battery from main board? is there another way to reset it?

thank you

regards

fertilebert,

thank you; I do have these two password (they are numbers only) but these are not for videoviewer application only for DVR console. I already tried these two and no luck.

Per

best regards

Hi, there this has been quite a helpful post. I have had the same issue with 2 AVtech systems in the past few months. Both working fine and all of a sudden I had problems with 'authentication error' when trying to access remotely. Possibly a fault in the DVR's or a timer in them? The AVtech stuff is good and eagle eye app is great but only downfall is no technical help from company because its based in taiwan.

Hi, hope anyne can help me with this problem?

I have an Avtech MDR759ZB DVR which works perfectly as a standalone unit, I use default 0000 for admin.

However, when I connect to it over my local network I am unable to login via browser or videoviewer. At the welcome screen I have use username : admin and password: admin that Then, having entered the verification code (again, using uppercase when displayed) the login fails with the message:

ERROR: Authentication error.

My PC and DVR are on the same LAN, I can ping it, etc but unable to access remotly

Hope any one can help.

best regards

Jorge

Hi, Jorge did you have any luck at all with all of the above.. ie factory reset?

Thanks,

Markio