qsheikh

Viewing Feed on Iphone - help needed with Set up

Hi I am new to the forum and would be grateful if you could help.

I have RoHS conform (4CH H.264 DVR) installed at home. It has 4 cameras connected to it.

Could someone please, provide a step by step guide how i can enable a facility on it so that when i am away from home or on holiday i could access the live feed remotely using Iphone. By the unit does have a LAN port at the back

thanks in advance for the help.

LOL, really... you actually expect someone to create for you a "step by step guide" on how to set up your DVR, but you do not even bother providing any information on your DVR, like brand and model?

" title="Applause" />

Lol! You can always refuse . The guide could be easy steps for someone to follow.

Make and model here : RoHS conform (4CH H.264 DVR) is in the initial post.

Unfortunately it doesn't really have visible branding like you would have on a device purchased from high street. Those details are written at the back of the box

Please, see image attached if this helps. Thank you!

1969738528_photo(3).thumb.JPG.35065857ee6c0b4ab0f711f74533e202.JPG

Make and model here : RoHS conform (4CH H.264 DVR) is in the initial post.

That is not the make and model. From your screenshot, I see the text KPD674Z, so I guess it must be an AVTech KPD674Z DVR, something like the following.

http://www.avtech.com.tw/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=111

No one will make a step by step guide just for you. If you want to save time, pay someone to configure the DVR for you. If you want to do it yourself, you will need to look up information on: what ports your DVR uses (you can see it on the network config section, or on your DVR manual); you will have to find out how to open ports on your router (it changes from router to router); and unless you have a static IP, you will have to find about using a dynamic DNS service.

You will also need to know what software your DVR uses for connecting from an iPhone. If it is an AVTech DVR, it should not be that difficult.

Yes, thats the device.

By the sounds of it appears as if its not a straight forward thing as I though and getting someone to come and configure the box is an option.

Yes, thats the device.

By the sounds of it appears as if its not a straight forward thing as I though and getting someone to come and configure the box is an option.

You need to have some basics on networking. There is no guide "just for you", since the guide would depend on the DVR, your router, your internet connection, your mobile device, etc., there is not a standard way for doing it. You either need some basic knowledge on networking (or someone who does), or time you are willing to invest on learning.