Sign in to follow this  
everyan

PC America POS with Speco D16CS dvr

I have a customer that just added PC America POS stations to their store. Of course I assumed the POS people would be helpful but I was wrong. They don't support Speco, so I had to set it up as a generic DVR using their guide. I've attached a few screen shots.

The Speco DVR is asking for text string information, such as start text and end text. I set it up as "any character" to start the text but not sure what to put in for end text.

I am using a LAN connection to communicate with the POS units and the DVR. Speco manual says the POS stations need to use ports 14001 and 14002. The PC America manual says to program these ports, along with other info, into the pos stations. However, when changes are made in either pos workstation, the same changes take place in the other workstation. I'm not sure if this is causing a problem with communication.

Do I have to open these 14001 & 14002 ports in the router to allow for communication? I've called Speco and PC America and neither can help me get text into the dvr.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

pcAmerica1.jpg.cd24a42b173dd67296825ce4656aeee4.jpg

pcAmerica2.thumb.jpg.36a477434e3348b9b32850947a7920c3.jpg

I don't know if this would help, but I figure out some of the settings and what they mean after days of tinkering. Worked with LTS platinum series 32 ch NVR

Server IP or Name: this was the IP of the computer running the POS's DVR server

Server Port: I left this alone, and did not input it anywhere on my NVR. did not open it in router.

DVR type: left as TCP/IP

DVR com port: left as 1

Camera ID: left as 1, they say its according to your station ID but I only had 1 station( I ran CRE trial software only though).

DVR's IP: local IP of my NVR.

DVR IP port: I put 10000 because that was the port number in the POS setting of my NVR, did not have to port forward. (this took a long time to figure out because I did not know if they refer to the http/rtsp/server or whatever port...pcamerica's guide lead me to believe it was the Server port which was 8000 for the NVR, but it wasn't)

Format: i used plain text only.

I also had to turn on the Text Show button in the NVR to see it live. but it was still recording all the POS info even with the button off.

I have also emailed the pcamerica tech support, they actually told me it did not work with NVR.

POS.jpg.c8a59a02a2b98c967b065af1f0dfded0.jpg