www.pstdvr.com

Pace Setter Technologies... They seem to have a decent selection of cameras, a dozen or so DVR's, and pretty good pricing... Anyone ever heard of these guys or used them before? What do you think of them?

Never heard of them and I do have reservations about a company that won't even post their location. At least I couldn't find it anywhere on their web site. Sounds like another MACE to me and that company is tanking every day on the market.

I actually recently received a flyer from them - says right on it they're in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (fairly local to me), so I don't think they're being deceptive about that. The sales guy I spoke with said they've been selling DVR's since 1999. I just wanted to know if anyone has actually USED the systems? They've offered me a free demo, but if they're crap I'd love to be able to save some time.

Unless Pana has come out with a new CCD chip then they are full of S@#$ because they state they have 550 TVL in colour and the only CCD I know that will do that is a Sanyo and they say they use a Pana chip.. so i do not think they have accurate details int heri info... as for the DVr range, iw ould imagine they haev several types, I have tried the Argus and it is alright, but I have not tried any of the others

Thanx DVR, I asked the Sales Rep about that. Regarding the Camera, it is a GKB camera. They claim they are able to get 550 lines out of the camera because they put additional signal processing hardware in it. I checked out the GKB site, and they too claim the camera is 550 lines:

http://www.gkb.com.tw/english/02_products/01_02_inside.php?hProdid=CC-8607S

He said they don't sell directly to retail clients, but refer them to their dealers. The retail clients are listed because their major claim is how easy and reliable the system is for end users.

Provideo also has a 550TVL indoor Dome camera, but i have my reservations that it actually gives 550TVL, especially as it is so cheap. Even the 520TVL on the Sanyo cameras is not impressive, at least in the sunlight it is a bad image, puts off a lot of glare, I disabled it in the end. It looks good in the shade though which we dont have much of here... I imagine the extra resolution is just digitally enhanced like using Paint Shop Pro's Sharpen effect.