Sign in to follow this  
CSEETV

DISTRIBUTORS??

I am new to this industry and I am having a hard time nailing down good distributors for all of the CCTV equipment and accessories. There are so many and Im looking to find one or two that can cover most all of it. (cams and systems at least im sure I can find cabling and accessories cheaper somewhere else) Does anyone having any suggestions for a quality distributor with good shipping times, good support, and of course small markups!? Thank you all in advance.

P.S.- I am in the Southeast of the U.S.

ADI usually has everything I want/need, or they can get it for me, their markups are probably higher then you are expecting. They usually have good sales if you watch and snap things up at the right time.

I use ADI for a lot of stuff, but you might want to take a long hard look at Accu-tech. They have been around forever and they are FANTASTIC to work with. I also use a smaller distributor called Global Security Systems (GSS) and they have treated me very well. They are very smart on CCTV stuff, especially the IP side of things and they have always gone above and beyond when I had things on extreme timelines.

If you do go with GSS ask for Bill Plunkett and tell him that Scott Napier sent you. I get nothing for it, but it might get you a much warmer welcome than a random new guy off the street.

LTS is pretty good if you are in the southeast. Always ships out the same day if you order before 5pm, will get to Florida in 2 days with Fedex Ground (3 days with UPS ground). All the tech support/sales people are in the US. Let me know if you are interested, I can refer you to the technical sales guy or at least get you a catalog.

I buy from LTS in Maryland, the shop is about 90 minutes from me. Scarlett has been a great sales person and has taken care of everything I needed so far, and Luke is one cool dude.

LTS is pretty good if you are in the southeast. Always ships out the same day if you order before 5pm, will get to Florida in 2 days with Fedex Ground (3 days with UPS ground). All the tech support/sales people are in the US. Let me know if you are interested, I can refer you to the technical sales guy or at least get you a catalog.

I cant find any info on LTS account setups. Are they a public distributor or do you have to have a resellers license number? I like their site and the catalogs I have found. Seems they have everything under one roof.

Are there any decent public distributors?

LTS distributes to other installers/resellers (like retail stores), usually not to the public. If you are an installer/reseller and you want to set up an account I'll tell the guy to contact you to setup something, there's no online store as far as buying equipment goes (just email your sales the stuff you want to place online orders).

Thank you guys for all your responses. You guys are awesome! I will be back to get your connections or references! I am working on getting a resellers license so I am able to open dealer accounts. Thanks again!