jgsx

Geo web problem

You guys want the truth to your error message? Geovision failed to renew the VeriSign Digital Signature certificate and they expired on hundreds and hundreds of people. That is your real problem. Version 7.05 includes the "renewed" certificate. Stop searching for a fix, it is not your machine.

Someone needs to tell Geo to pay their bills huh?:)

Here lies the evidence they tried to squeak by you guys: http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/4_2.asp

Scottj

Those Turkeys.

That's probably how I got it to work than was to bypass the certification check. I don't even remember to tell the truth. I just know I got it working with persistence.

Glad to know that is what causes the problem.

Right, but neither of those were the issue. It worked on some machines, but not others. All machines were running the identical OS (XP SP2) with identical security settings. All computers were on the same local network. Some comptuers were behaving differently. I never figured it out. Upgrading to version 7 fixed it up.

and learned some other things in the mean time hey

But i guess you'd rather not have had to go through all that (know i wouldnt have)

Anyways ... what version was it before ..?

Right, but neither of those were the issue. It worked on some machines, but not others. All machines were running the identical OS (XP SP2) with identical security settings. All computers were on the same local network. Some comptuers were behaving differently. I never figured it out. Upgrading to version 7 fixed it up.

Are you sure they had identical settings?

Probably your new version is 7.05 which already contains updated Verisign certificate. In my case, until Geo support told me the thing about certificate, I solved my problem by modifing system security settings - options "download unsigned activex controls" and "initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe for scripting".

and learned some other things in the mean time hey

But i guess you'd rather not have had to go through all that (know i wouldnt have)

Anyways ... what version was it before ..?

I was previously running ver 6. Thanks for the help!