DannyDyer

Need help on this cameras features please.

Im going to get myself a motion day/night camera that I will view on my PC. I have found this one and it says motion detection initiates recording, but what im wondering is whether it records onboard the camera or the pc has to be on for it to record?

Can anyone view it for me and let me know please? Thank you. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7004827.htm

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

edit: I was also wondering, can I face the camera from my window overlooking my garden if it also has a public alleyway in view? Ive read up on neighbours, but not public places.

Here is the url of the manufacturer's support page for this product click here

You can also download the instruction manual there to read before you buy.

You record remotely on a computer and you can also set the camera to take snapshots onto the SD card if that model has a slot in the camera. It is not a weatherproof camera so bear this in mind. to record remotely the remote computer needs to have windows and internet explorer (check ie version and compatibility and upgrade if necessary) and the computer needs to be ON while waiting to record. If not it won't record. Also a second computer cannot be connected simultaneously.

I suggest you find some other software called VitaminD which is free for the first camera and easy to set up.

I had a quick look but didn't see any reference to an sd card slot or on-board storage. That means something else will have to record the video. Can't help you with your local laws. A local (not internet) cctv salesman or installer is a good person to ask. Just make sure you buy something from them after asking. Picking their brains with no intention of buying is almost like picking their pocket.