Sign in to follow this  
simontemplar

Dahua IP Cams Short Record

For anyone considering these 3mp bullet Dahuas, they really are amazing cameras. Only snag is that when using the PSS software to record directly to my PC, it only records about 24 hours before deleting the previous days recordings. I have a 2tb drive dedicated to it, so there is plenty of storage available. I have not seen any settings that would relate to deleting older files. I have also set the minimum disk allocation in the settings area to the full 2tb of the drive. Does it in both manual and scheduling recordings. Any ideas?

No it is not full. There is about 1.75 terrabytes free. That's what is weird, it is choosing to delete anything over 24 hours even though there is plenty of storage.

Can you PM me screen shots of Config>Options and also right side config manger>record config templet ?

I notice that it will only put 156mb in the folder then begin to record over everything. I even designated two folders and told it to use both, but it ignores the second folder and keeps recording in the first over the older footage. In the settings I have it set for the maximum size of the drive 3tb or 2,700,000 mb as it says to specify in mb.

Edited by Guest

Can you change Deveice Minumum free capcity to 768M? Then quick format the drive.

D: is your 2TB drive? What model number is it?

Was this drive in a Windows machine before installing or was it new out of the pack?

I just changed it to 768 MB and quick formatted. It is a brand new Seagate Barracuda 3TB never used for anything else. Yes, D: is the 3TB.

PSS also did this when I was saving to the system drive, so it seems like it's PSS related. Seems to want to only use 156gb then write over. I also tried deleting the software and the configuration file in the users/ etc. folder but it does it still.

It will take me 24 hours to see if this fixed it so I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all your help.

It seems like this has fixed it! Using up more space now. I'm curious what is it about the number 768 and formatting that would have solved this problem?