Sign in to follow this  
CBX

DS-2CD2732F-IS sound question

Hi

I am considering a DS-2CD2732F-IS.

I won't be using an management software, but recording to NAS or SD. Does the audio it picks up get recorded in the .mp4 files? How about any audio output to the speaker (whcih would need to come from a software source)?

Also, I am a bit confused about the VF lens element. Do I still need to specify what lens the camera needs (2.8 - 12mm) or is the VF capable of that range?

I'm thinking of buying from here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIKVISION-20-meters-1080P-IR-dome-network-cameras-support-POE-DS-2CD2732F-IS-popular-onvif-3mp/1414666334.html

Thanks

Hello,

About the VF lens, it's a 2,8 - 12mm capable lens. So you don't need to specify it.

Before you install your camera you have to adjust the lens manually to what you need.

About the audio, I don't know and I also have a question.

Concerning the IS model, does it mean that a microphone is included (so the camera records sound natively) or does it mean that a microphone can be added (so we need to buy one... which mic is a good one and a cheap one of course ) ?

Thanks for the reply

Is the audio from the microphone (and outputted to the speaker) recorded with the video?

I don't know for sure because I don't have that camera or know it's software. But with an attached mic to the camera, the audio will be embedded with the video, I'm sure. But a two way conversation- your audio going out through a speaker may not be. It depends on how the software handles two way as opposed to audio IN through the camera mic. But don't be surprised if during a two way conversation, only the audio from the camera mic is embedded. Maybe someone else will confirm.

I see B has answered. I guess there you have it! LOL!