Sign in to follow this  
panjabi

cash register device for reading output to dvr system

i am interested in getting a device for kodicom systems for my cash register so that what ever is rung up on the register can be inputed to the dvr on the screen like the texet scrolling up. now the cash register is very simple, no scanner or anyting on it. it is royal 9155sc, do they make such a device for something like what i got i know they make it for the pos cash registers any what is this device called

but my cash register does not have and rs232 port, i do have 2 ports but they both are like thernet ports, in one goes scanner and the other one goes to computer, one end is thernet like and the part that connects to computer is rs232, that cable is used for programing cash register or downloading sales

is there any posibility of getting some kind of connction from lcd contacts or something

what about generic cash register, which don't have any rs232 port or any other ports

no printer port on this, and i looked at their site and no support for this model, is there any way around this or any mod's i can do to the hard ware

Probley not. One of the guys I work with do did POS for a long time and the Royal stuff doesn't have any kind of accessable output.

If your register has a builtin printer you should be able to feed off of the ribbon cable that attached to it.

hey andy that would be cood if i could do that, the printer is build into the register and it is a thermal printer, i don't see the riben but if i take few screws off i could get to it,

do you know if anybody has done it this way and would i know about what cables carry what data