jl3608

Swann DVR9-4200 and Internet bandwidth

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue or if it's a setup problem on my end.

I recently bought a Swann DVR9-4200 kit, model SWDVK-942008F.

I was able to get everything up and running just perfect and even set up the app to view live stream on my android phone.

The problem that I am noticing is that I'm having trouble accessing Facebook, Netflix and a couple of other sites when my DVR is connected to my router. Once I disconnect the Ethernet cable, then the sites are available again. The funny thing is, Youtube seems to work just fine.

I'm currently on AT&T U-Verse with a download speed of 6MB and upload speed of 1MB and I don't have a static IP so I'm using Swann's own DDNS server to get around this.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It would suck if I can't connect the DVR to the internet.

Thanks,

James

live stream on my android phone

Stop all remote viewing/uploading from the DVR. You should be able to access the internet normally. My guess is you are maxing out your internet connection (live stream) and your local network (wifi on android phone).

You can try to find the settings for your router and see what the problem is.

BTW, this is the wrong forum for this.

Thanks for the info, I'll check my router. Which forum should this post be in so that I can re-post it there?