Sign in to follow this  
Alliance1911

Dahua HDBW3300 Video feed issue

Hi. This is the second HDBW3300 I've installed. I originally set both of them up at my desk and tested them before installation and were working perfectly. The first unit I installed went without a hitch but the second unit after I installed it was just getting a very off-white video feed, you can if you look hard enough (during the day) noticeably see faint images in the feed when I was testing it. At first I thought it might of been a PoE issue with the cable or port so I tested with another cat 5 lead on a different port but same result. I even ended up resetting to factory default and manually setting up the IP address again from scratch with no luck. Here are some screenshots so maybe someone might be able to assist.

240397_1.png

240397_2.png

240397_3.png

I had a problem similar to this when I did a firmware update on my HFW3300C. Apparently, it was reading the exposure settings from the wrong location and causing it to overexpose to all white.

Mine was set with manual exposure, and had limits on the exposure time to prevent motion blur at night. By changing these to something different and back again, it started working.

Try changing your exposure mode to manual, and put some different numbers in the limits to see if that changes anything. If it does, try going back to automatic to see if it starts working.

I've played around with the exposure and such but it doesn't seem to fix the signal, even with reverting back to Automatic. I'm going to see if I can get a clear picture through coax or s-video testing. Maybe it could be just IP being the issue.