Sign in to follow this  
monster081

I need a BNC or RCA to VGA converter

Good morning!

My DVR has HDMI, VGA and Spot outputs, I will use VGA for the first monitor that will be next to it, but I want a second monitor in the kitchen, this monitor is my old PC monitor with only VGA in.

I will run Coax to the kitchen from the DVR location, I can terminate the coax with BNC and then hook up the bnc-to-rca adapter, but then I would need to convert the RCA to VGA.

I'm looking online and it looks that "bnc to VGA" and RCA to VGA" adapters are only $2... but BNC or RCA to VGA are usually more expensive, at least around $20, and its not just an extension its like a little converter box, why is this?

well It would be nice to get a BNC to VGA and eliminate the RCA part, whats a good adapter or converter to buy?

Thank you!

I'm sure you have already searched, but what you are looking for is something like the following:

240914_1.jpg

240914_2.jpg

$20 is a good price. Keep in mind that your DVR video quality on the BNC output will be far worse than that of the VGA output; since it is just a monitor in the kitchen, I guess that won't be a problem.