Sign in to follow this  
irk

Streaming FROM VLC to Dahua DVR

I have Dahua DVR and two dome cameras one Dahua and one other brand. I can easily receive streams from these devices on PC using VLC with the rtsp protocol command.

But how I could make an opposite and send a stream from VLC to the DVR? Let's say I would have camera capturing video using VLC and I would like to form an output stream from VLC to the DVR. What would be the VLC command for this?

Your are referring to encoding and decoding.

We have successfully encoded a stream to an Amazon Cloudfront from VLC and then DECODED using hardware decoder with HD-SDI out then into a DVR.

What your proposing is using a software decoder:

1. What DVR is it?

2. What stream can it receive?

3. Odds are it would require some custom coding to decode the stream.

It maybe possible to re-encode into a IP stream the DVR can recognize.

What is the end goal you are trying to accomplish? Maybe there is another way if I knew more.

If you want to record a RTSP stream on your DVR, you can not do it. A DVR records analog video, it can not record from a RTSP stream.

"Never say never, you just inspire those to do what seems impossible"- Pete Gazda

Try this:

vlc.exe -I http -vv camURL :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=0,scale=0,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:http{mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=addr:availablePort}

This converts an RTMP to HTTP output. PM me more information on your setup. I would be interested in pursuing this further.

If you want to record a RTSP stream on your DVR, you can not do it. A DVR records analog video, it can not record from a RTSP stream.

"Never say never, you just inspire those to do what seems impossible"- Pete Gazda

Try this:

vlc.exe -I http -vv camURL :sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=0,scale=0,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2,samplerate=44100}:http{mux=ffmpeg{mux=flv},dst=addr:availablePort}

This converts an RTMP to HTTP output. PM me more information on your setup. I would be interested in pursuing this further.

Thanks for your reply, I will test it but first some questions. Just to inform I am not in delusion, my DVR surely records streams . It is Dahua with 16 analog camera inputs and digital recording from 16 SD or 4 HD digital cameras. I have 16 analog and two digital dome cameras, all is recorded perfectly. My question popped out since I can easily see streams from digital cameras using VLC.

Returning to the question of recording streams by the DVR, is it really so that the DVR uses HTTP output? In fact the question is what kind of stream format is used by the DVR when operating with digital camera? I know that one has to specify TCP port, RTSP port and HTTP port for DVR to get the stream.

Thanks for your reply, I will test it but first some questions. Just to inform I am not in delusion, my DVR surely records streams . It is Dahua with 16 analog camera inputs and digital recording from 16 SD or 4 HD digital cameras. I have 16 analog and two digital dome cameras, all is recorded perfectly. My question popped out since I can easily see streams from digital cameras using VLC.

Returning to the question of recording streams by the DVR, is it really so that the DVR uses HTTP output? In fact the question is what kind of stream format is used by the DVR when operating with digital camera? I know that one has to specify TCP port, RTSP port and HTTP port for DVR to get the stream.

A DVR records analog video; a NVR records IP cameras; an hybrid system does both. Do you have a Dahua DH-DVR1604HF-U? That is an hybrid system, it records 16ch analog video and up to 16ch IP camera. I really doubt any Dahua unit (DVR, NVR or hybrid system) can record from an RTSP stream without a lot of hacking, but I would love to see any news on this. It will work with any ONVIF camera, but it is not using RTSP.

Yes please clarify the DVR model you are using. Hybrid 16 & 4 could mean 16 analog & 4 HD-SDI. If the 4 are BNCs on the back then most likely HD-SDI. Like Mindtwist mentioned, if you have a analog/ip hybrid then ONVIF or proprietary method are the standard was of receiving.

NVR connections are primarily made through the control port not necessarily through http as that is used as the web access. As an example for Dahua. Out of the box 80 is your HTTP. This ONLY serves the web page which calls on Active-X and the true video is called on 37777. However, the 3.0 version for browser neutrality uses 554 the RTSP port and Quicktime to decode in the browser.

I can look at creating a proxy server similar to Wowza but one that can take a stream then transform to an Onvif compliant format. Obviously this would be in my free-time unless there is a higher demand and people are willing to kick in.

I can currently take a Dahua RTSP stream and display on a website but since IP cameras are ONVIF (most) I can't really see the need to take just any RTSP stream and record it to a DVR. Would be awesome to record 16 sporting events at the same time, "eat your heart out Dish with recording 5 shows at once."

On a posting note, when posting to a forum, you should indicate the make and model of the equipment you have with the configuration such as hard drives, network setup, ports assigned, etc that is relevant to the post. This will save you waiting days sorting out a proper response and also contain a higher probability of a correct answer. There are things that can be done in theory, things that can be down right now and of course custom. Sort of state what you have, then what you want to do.

Example: I have:

DH-DVR1604HF-U-E with 1TB

Port forwarding with 80,37777,554 TCP Open from the outside

2 IP cameras are outside the internal network

2 IP Camera inside the local network

I would like to know if I can...........................

How do you ............................

Outside access is not working................

You get the idea. This is not directed to you personally just hoping more people see the post and follow as a greater percentage of posts are vague and it takes days of pulling teeth and asking specifics before we get to an answer.