I have been reading through all the posts in the last few days and have found them very helpful and thought I would ask for some assistance from you kind folks.

We recently bought a Synology DS713 for backup purposes and afterwards found the surveillance station, which the boss loved on his big plasma.

We put in an D link DCS in , and it does the job in the small unmaned office we have on site.

I would now like to put up another couple and need some advise, I need the following but budget is an issue :-

Purely Internal

Wireless not really needed

1 camera in building roughly 27M x 40M

Zoom / Pan / Tilt would be a bonus

Work with the Surveillance station (but from reading I think that most will work even if not on the supported)

Night view not really needed as the building is locked when now one there but could be a bonus

Oh and it will have to be wall mounted as the ceiling very high.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, cost as low as possible , I know people will just say you get what you pay for but the lower the better.

Will i be able to see the whole building at all ? Or in a space this large would you need two ?

Thanks

Ben

As an addition we have two honeywell HLD29V8DNL lenses ? which im not really sure what they are of whether they can be used (were from previous owners CCTV but the camera boxes arnt IP (Samsung SDN-550?)

This sounds perfect for a Mobotix until you mentioned inexpensive. Might want to check it out, The new M5 has dual lenses that are interchangeable.

Check out CCTVreports.com They have it on the main page.

This sounds perfect for a Mobotix until you mentioned inexpensive. Might want to check it out, The new M5 has dual lenses that are interchangeable.

Check out CCTVreports.com They have it on the main page.

Thanks for the reply, a bit out of our price range I feel.

Had any experience of the Hikvisions ? Was looking at the 2012 and 2032 ?

Those will work if you want bullets, or you can get the ds-2cd3332-i if you want to wall mount a dome style, actually eyeball camera on the wall (the actual mini-dome, the ds-2cd2132-i shouldn't be wall mounted). Bullets can be easily be pushed around. What's nicer than all of these is the ds-2cd2543f-i, can be wall mounted, can write to microSD and are tiny, but costs a little more than the others mentioned above.

For what it's worth, we are replacing 5 Mobotix D15 domes with Hikvision domes hopefully this week.

What's nicer than all of these is the ds-2cd2543f-i, can be wall mounted, can write to microSD and are tiny, but costs a little more than the others mentioned above

ds-2cd2543f-i ??? Typo should be ds-2cd2532f-i