Sign in to follow this  
steuk

NVR and alarm input/output

Hello all,

On some NVR, (hikvision for me) I see there is 1 alarm input/output.

Let's say my NVR in plugged into a "sound alarm" (I don't know if it's the right word, but I guess you understand me ).

When will the sound alarm be launched? On motion detection of one cam, of all cams or something else ?

It will sound when you tell it to do so. You can configure an alarm output to trigger when there is movement on a given channel, when an alarm input triggers, activate it by hand from iVMS software, when there is an exception, etc...

Thank you for the answer !

That sounds great, many ways to activate it.

What interests me most, is to activate it by hand remotely.

Two cases :

1. I have a NVR, alarm in connected to my NVR. I get an alert on my mobile phone. I check it and it's not a bird but a thief. Oh my god ! Through my app (need to find which one, it's an other problem), can I activate the sound alarm ?
  2. I don't have a NVR, but 6 cams. One of them is connected to my sound alarm (let's say cam number 2). A thief is coming, an I receive an alert from cam number 5. Is there a way for me (through my mobile app) to tell cam number 2 to activate sound alarm ?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the answer !

That sounds great, many ways to activate it.

What interests me most, is to activate it by hand remotely.

Two cases :

1. I have a NVR, alarm in connected to my NVR. I get an alert on my mobile phone. I check it and it's not a bird but a thief. Oh my god ! Through my app (need to find which one, it's an other problem), can I activate the sound alarm ?
  2. I don't have a NVR, but 6 cams. One of them is connected to my sound alarm (let's say cam number 2). A thief is coming, an I receive an alert from cam number 5. Is there a way for me (through my mobile app) to tell cam number 2 to activate sound alarm ?

Thanks for your help.

1 - What you are looking for is iVMS-4500 for Android or iPhone.

2 - You can, but you would need to have IP camaras with alarm outputs.

It's easier to manually trigger a siren through a Dvr or nvr, I believe. If you're going to do it via a camera itself, it might be more clumsy to do it trying to camera hop to get to the camera the siren is hooked up to. I did a video on a Dvr and in it I cover siren triggering. The same would apply to a dahua nvr too. Maybe it will interest you.

EYRGLlBj8Go

1 - What you are looking for is iVMS-4500 for Android or iPhone.

2 - You can, but you would need to have IP camaras with alarm outputs.

So if I buy a camera with alarm output, I can just plug a siren alarm, and through hik webui trigger manually my siren, right ???

@shockwave199: many thanks for this vid, it gives me good informations.

Would you recommend some siren more than others ???

Just a little question about manual triggers...:

How do I do it through the webui ? (because I don't find it, and I'm running Hik v5.1 firmware)

So if I buy a camera with alarm output, I can just plug a siren alarm, and through hik webui trigger manually my siren, right ???

No idea on how to do it from the WebGUI, I know how to do it from iVMS-4500, and I am sure it can also be done from iVMS-4200.

iVMS-4500 is the software used by the nvr right (or the mobile app to reach nvr) ?

In both cases, I guess I can't use it because I don't have NVR, no ?

I'm gonna check if it's possible with surveillance station on my Synology DS-414...

iVMS-4500 is the software used by the nvr right (or the mobile app to reach nvr) ?

In both cases, I guess I can't use it because I don't have NVR, no ?

iVMS-4500 is the software used from mobile to access Hikvision devices; DVRs, NVRs, IP cameras, etc. You can use it if you have just an IP camera, you do not need to have an NVR.

iVMS-4500 is for mobiles, iVMS-4500 HD is for tablets/mobiles with bigger screen.

iVMS-4500 is the software used from mobile to access Hikvision devices; DVRs, NVRs, IP cameras, etc. You can use it if you have just an IP camera, you do not need to have an NVR.

Good ! Thank you for the informations...