TopGeek

MEC DMRS - Windows 95 - XP Version? - Maxnav Electronics

I have a very generic card/software combo I'm trying to get functional.

The CD has a fancy color silkscreaning and simply says "DMRS V2.0".

Card installs ok - looking at it with Btspy it appears it be an bt878 - it has four composite inputs which I was able to write my own driver for and get it to work at least somewhat.

As for the original software...

When you install it it says "Bodyguard for your self"

??? Guess the translation loses something

From then on it refers to itself as "Digital Monitoring & Recording System".

After more investigation (is it just me or has Google become pretty much freaking useless accept in finding those who've figured out how to put themselves and their paid search links into google's priority system) I think I've figured out what I have is:

MEC Digial Monitoring & Recording System

manufactured by Maxnav Electronics in Taiwan.

So I'm deducing the drivers on the original CD aren't compatible with Windows XP - I'm guessing they were Windows 95 from the poking around I've done, but trying to get the program to run in "Windows 95 compatability mode" isn't successful.

I tried clean installing the CD but the drivers never install.

I tried running it on the bt dirvers I made with btspy/etc but no luck - MECmain.exe (DMRS MAIN) won't execute.

MECclient.exe (DMRS CLIENT) will execute but won't let you configure any of the cameras to make them visible (i.e. looks like its waiting on the drivers?).

I can get CATSPY to run on one camera at a time (but not more than one at a time) so I know at least the driver I set up does talk to the card and the four ports on the card work.

Does anyone know where I can get an XP version of this software or where I can find some freeware replacement that would work with this bt card? I'm already upside down on the install (doing a favor for a friend) so I really don't want to throw any money at it.

tia for any advice.

cheers,

Edward

Yes - in detail - and followed those directions exactly but I only get ONE video and ONE audio conexant bt driver listed... any idea why ? I tried running find hardware over and over but it never found it after the one set was discovered.

on the card, how many chips does it have?

What driver comes up as installed, Conexant?

If so, just a generic 4 channel card, i can use the same drivers with the geo 4 channel card also, basically almost all 4 channel basic cards can use the same drivers. But their original software wont work as it is looking for their software drivers, not the BT ones.

You will only be able to view 1 channel at a time using the CAP software programs. You need a more advanced multiplexed Software program such as LuxRiot to view all at once. Or you could try one of the other programs such as go1984.

Yeah, Coextant...

A single driver "Conexant's BtPCI WDM Audio Capture"

and a single "Conexant's BtPCI WDM Video Capture".

Using a trial version of Pysoft I was able to view all 4 cameras at once (with pretty terrible fps.. I'm guessing it cycling really quick between?).

So I'm guessing these guys are no longer around or no longer make this product?

Know of any freeware out there that will see all four? They did buy this package as an original (not from me) and they just want it to work.. even as basic as possible (non computer type people) without putting more money into it.

That's why I tried catspy - worked great on one cam but only one at a time