lucky888

Webview is not accessable on Geovision card

I just bought a Geovision GV1280 and installed it. Everything is fine but when i tried to access webview or tried to view via web browser and i would not be able to access it. any help would be appricated.

My machine is using Windows Media Editon 2005 and it has IIS installed. I have installed. I looked at Configuration in Geovision under server setup and it looks as though it picks up my IP address automatically something like 192.168.0.5 and port is 3550. i tried this http://192.168.0.5:3550 but nothing is coming up.

am i missing some other configuration or it does not support Windows Media Edition?

please help????

On the DVR server, you need to start the WEBCAM Server, you can have it come up on start up in the Geo Settings.

Once that is working, it will be port 80 by default. You can change that if you want. eg. Port 81 or 82

Locally it doesnt have to be port forwarded. If the port is 81 then you would need to add :81 after the internal IP.

If you need to connect remotely you will need to port forward the port from within the router.

Also make sure Windows Firewall is off on the DVR server machine, or you have configured it for WebCam and Port 80.

If you have ISS on the DVR machine and its running, then you will need to change the Ports accordingly.

On the DVR machine you will need to go into the TCP settings and set a static internal Ip address, Subnet, gateway, and ISP DNS.

To view remotely you need to port forward the HTTP port, default is 80, and also Port 4550 and 5550.

Rory

You cannot use IIS (with default settings configured) and also run the Geo WebServer feature. What will happen is the WebServer has a conflict with IIS and will automatically shutdown after a few minutes. Start everything up and then pay atention to the upper right corner of the main GUI and you will see what I mean. The "Web" text will disappear, meaning it has shutdown as IIS takes priority.

If you are comfortable with configuring IIS differently, then it can be made to not conflict, however it is too long a conversation for me to type on this forum. Rory made the suggestion for changing the port assignments that will be required.

Scottj

Yeah i didnt want to go into detail on IIS as i think he might mean it is running on the client PC not the server, will wait and see. But the way I got IIS to run, and not even use port 80 at all, was to have Geo WebCam Server on Port 81, and then set IIS on port 82. You can use port 80 for either of them also, I just wanted to stay away from 80 as its a commonly probed port and this is also my personal PC ... yep, Geo Card and IIS on a 2ghz AMD with VIA chipset .. all running 24/7

the problem was my machine iis. i installed on another machine and in IIS, i created a new site and pointed to Webtemp folder under G1240 and it is working. i can access it internally from any client machine.

the problem that i have now is external connection. i can't log in externally. it always says can't log in because the user log in id and password is not right. i use the same account internally and no problem at all.

any help where i should look into.