RichTJ99

How do you force a specific Frame rate with a Geovision Card

Hi,

I am looking at my video screen (with one test camera on a cheapie cable). It looks like the video is showing for 5 seconds, then stopping for a sec & then continuing. I want to make sure that the FPS is at the right speed. With one camera I would think it would take a full 30 fps.

The pc has a geovision 900, 3ghz, 1gig of ram, 80 gig hd, nvidia 5700, Asus p4pe.

I cant figure where the lag is coming from (the cheap camera or the 58 cable (not the standard 59, not sure how much of a difference that makes).

Or it might be the 7f weather for a camera that is rated to -5c.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

What are the Geo Settings? - Source, Camera, etc ..

Is only the 1 camera enabled?

If the hard drive is bad you will get that as it records (in monitoring mode).

Also, anything else running on the DVR Server PC?

The source right now is set at the 320 setting, but I guess what I was saying, is that even if I swap the 320 setting to the 640 setting, the picture is not any clearer (crisp). It looks like there is no difference at all & I would think that I should be seeing a better image.

I am using the main "multicam" program on the server itself (where all the options are). The camera is that ebay "Sony 1/3 CCD, HAD, etc" (which it probably isnt".

I am just looking at the monitoring mode at the moment. I will have the final server (its in a test machine right now) up & running in a week or two while I buy the equipment.

I dont think the hard drive is bad. Right now there is nothing else being run on the server. Just symantec antivirus.

If I am missing information, please let me know what you would like.

Thanks for the help,

Rich

What version of software do you have ...?

The System its on shouldnt matter that much, Im running a GV250 on my main PC here and runs great, only time i ever have an issue is when i run some video editing of a 800+mb video file that hogs all the memory and CPU, but even so, it doesnt make a diff most of the time. Im also talking i have Adobe and Paint Shop open the same time, Nortons System Works running, and a million Browser windows .. and i get great quality even on the 380TVL $50 bullet .. let me know, PM me if you want me to look at it via VNC..

Rory

Here is a sample of the image quality & also the stuttering I was speaking of:

www.dana44.com/stuttering.Avi

its 2.5 megs, let me know if I should find a smaller example.

Right now, the camera is sitting outside in the 5 degree weather here & seems to mostly be working fine. The PC had to be rebooted because I lost video signal.

Again, this is with my configuration settings. They are mostly default but I did just turn the motion detection settings down from 9 to 5 (I was getting email notifications ever few minutes). Also the motion detector log records every 2 minutes (I dont even see leaves moving).

Thanks,

Rich

Is there some setting I might have missed or something I would have turned on to cause that? Is it possible that the RG-58 cable might be the cause? I have a RG 59 siamese cable that just came in the mail from ebay.

the cable wont matter. almost looks like the hard drive has an issue, or what are your settings ..? let me log on and have a peek ..

i checked it out, the software on CD is the legit 7.0 ... settings needed some adjustment as had all 16 cameras enabled . will wait and see what the final result is.

One question, who do I find out the frames per second?

Do I goto the configuration menu, choose video attributes, then choose advanced. Is the kbs on the right the frames per second?

Is there somewhere in the program that shows what the fps rate is?

Thanks,

Rich

You can set it manually like it was, wont do more than 30fps anyway i think.

Also, on the recorded AVI file you save, right click Properties, Summary Tab, and Click the Advanced button. Will show you all the details including the recorded fps.