Sign in to follow this  
deltemis

help finding a good system for my small/medium business

I require 8 cameras currently but would like a 16 channel ready system, in case I realize I may want to add more in the future. In addition to that is to have the ability to remotely access it from anywhere I want instead of being on site as well as recording sound. Also to note, all of these cameras will be placed in doors, none being outside so the weather concerns and wiring aren't necessarily a problem.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for a brand/model that fits the bill in this situation?

I've done some shopping of my own on various sites and stores along with googling but have yet to find anything that fits this bill exactly. I also want to know if I can't buy what I want in a single package, if I get a dvr system that is 16 channel capable, am I restricted to buying only a specific type/brand of camera of that system? Can I mix and match camera types/quality/brands/etc.? I see so many different camera types with differing quality that quite frankly I'm confused.

Thanks

I require 8 cameras currently but would like a 16 channel ready system, in case I realize I may want to add more in the future. In addition to that is to have the ability to remotely access it from anywhere I want instead of being on site as well as recording sound. Also to note, all of these cameras will be placed in doors, none being outside so the weather concerns and wiring aren't necessarily a problem.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for a brand/model that fits the bill in this situation?

I've done some shopping of my own on various sites and stores along with googling but have yet to find anything that fits this bill exactly. I also want to know if I can't buy what I want in a single package, if I get a dvr system that is 16 channel capable, am I restricted to buying only a specific type/brand of camera of that system? Can I mix and match camera types/quality/brands/etc.? I see so many different camera types with differing quality that quite frankly I'm confused.

Thanks

It may help us to know some general information. What is the main goal of your system, (stop theft, general security, employee productivity, etc)? Any must-have features? Will you be installing yourself? Do you have a specific budget in mind?

There are some really good lower cost systems out there, but there's also a lot of junk that may seem like a good deal at first, but once it's installed, may end up costing more than you bargained for.

Also, if you are going the analog camera system route, for the most part, you are not restricted to brands of cameras mixing with the DVR.