super20g

How to Set MAC Address on Dahua IPC-HDB3200C?

I have (2) Dahua IPC-HDB3200C's with the same MAC address. Ugh.

They both have unique MAC's stickered on the bottom of the units, but they both report the same MAC when viewed through the web interface as well as the Config Tool.

They are obviously not playing at all well on the same network, so I need to reset one of the MAC's...

Does anyone know how to perform that operation on a Dahua IP Cam?

Really? Two Dahua units with the same Mac address?

Where did you get them from, are you sure they are not counterfeit units? I doubt the Mac address can be changed easily...

Where did you get them from, are you sure they are not counterfeit units? I doubt the Mac address can be changed easily...

They were purchased from 'HDVideoDepot.com' at the same time, but they sat around for awhile until I could get around to installing them so I can't return them.

Does anyone know if it possible to create a virtual com port attached to the Cam's IP address and use Dahua's NCOM utility to update the MAC address?

Any techie's here with similar experience? Dahua has poor end-user support for such matters...

But do they give you problems because they have the same MAC? I would just configure one each time, put them with different fixed IPs, and I think they should be fine, even if they do share the same MAC address.

But do they give you problems because they have the same MAC?

Yes, there are major packet collisions and latency problems on the network with both connected, resolved by having only one online at a time.

But do they give you problems because they have the same MAC?

Yes, there are major packet collisions and latency problems on the network with both connected, resolved by having only one online at a time.

Hi should have no problems with both having same mac

Just give each a different IP address and also different port numbers