TopGeek

Seven Manufacturers??? how about 70??

I know I should let it go.. but its is still bugging me that I can't get this card to work with anything but the software included. Trying to find the real manufacturer.. a clue now lead me to beleive it may be:

ShenZhen KOCODA Science&Technology Development Co. Ltd.

Does this mean anything to anyone?

The goal eventually is I wanna end up with a WDM driver/crossbar for this card so it'll run with other software. The original driver it uses is the "windriver.sys" which is a Jungo control driver. there is tons of info about jungo on the web.. basically a highlevel device driver language.

So I read somewhere there are only like 7 manufacturers in the world of DVR cards (is this still correct?) in which case sooner or later I should come across SOME VFW (wdm) drivers that are compatible ... right? (ha ha).

Edited by Guest

Actually.. following that clue further, I don't think that is what the card is - that's who makes the "alarm board" you can in theory hook up to (if you can find one in this hemisphere).

The board I now beleive is an AST-203 made by AOST in China.

Looking through these trade catelogues it appears there are DOZENS of manufacturers.

So does the statement that there are "seven dvr companies" mean "original designers" and these are all clones of some sort?

There are probably more than 7 at this point, alot to do with the chinese companies popping up every other day, though they may only be using 1 main manufacturing company in china perhaps ..

Well world wide there are Avermedia, UDP, AnyKeeper, DigiFlower, Kodicom, Comart, Chance-i .. and those are the decent ones .. I think HikVision makes their cards too, China.

there are quite a few more now adays i imagine.

But just so you know, hundreds if not more, companies in Asia, US, UK, Canada, etc, will say they are the manufacturer when they are not. I hate when i see that .. its all over the web now though.

Have you tried these drivers yet?

http://www.iulabs.com/drv/index.shtml

They didnt work with the Connexant Chip i had ..

maybe will work with yours

Edited by Guest

Yes, thanks Rory, I tried the sourcegorge, the iulabs, the russian bt's and some austrailian ones I found on the digivue card and the conexiant cards both

the sourceforge made the conexiant card work sometimes (as per the pm I sent you) - none have worked with the digivue.

I have been havin' more fun than shooting fish in a barrell! :P

cheers,

Edward