afeudale

Lots or Problems with Kodicom KMC-4400, almost there!

I am pretty sure I have a legit Kodicom KMC-4400R board and Diginet software.

This is our first time installing such a board and we had LOTS of problems.

We were trying to install on an AMD Athlon system, only to find this card will only work on Intel MB's! (on the AMD Diginet would freeze on loading...)

We finally got the software working on the Intel system, but now all of our cameras are "frozen" on a still image, i.e. there is no motion.

If we go into Setup and check in the "Motion Detection" tab, we can see the cameras at full fps.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Hi and welcome, where did you buy the card from (PM me if you need to keep the sellers info private)

Thanks

Rory

Hi,

It was from a local seller here in Toronto, Canada. The card came in an original Kodicom box with labelled drivers.

Thanks.

your problem is most likely your video card. As you have found out so far with AMD, Kodicom is very picky as to what hardware it works with. It seems to work the best with the ATI Radeon video cards. ( i would recommend the 7500 or above) the cards tend to not like the NVidia cards. If you already have a Radeon card, make sure you download the latest driver from ATI's website.

in my practice with amd works only 4.11 (with drivers dated 2002 if I remember right). I was unable to get 4.12 working. 4.13 works ok on intel mashines, but there are no picture on AMD's (there are only picture in motion calibration setup mode)

in my practice with amd works only 4.11 (with drivers dated 2002 if I remember right). I was unable to get 4.12 working. 4.13 works ok on intel mashines, but there are no picture on AMD's (there are only picture in motion calibration setup mode)

I've had this problem, turned out to be the graphics card (4.11 lets you use nVidia cards, newer ones are ATI only).

I also have this card, I bought from strange man and haven't driver. Would you send me a card's driver (KMC4400R). Thank!!!

Im in the same situation. Bought the card in Toronto as well and cannot get it to work properly. Im using intel based boards tried bot a 935 and a 945 chipset and same problem diginet.exe errors once i bought and occasionally i can get it to launch but no refresh on full screen only poor quallity on the motion setup screen. in running a P43.2, ASUS PB5935 board, ATI 1300pro, 1gb DDR2 ram. Has anyone got this thing too work with the newer boards???? I cant even find a board with 800 based intel chipset anymore. I hate to think i got ripped off on this board but it said Kodicom on the box and came with Diginet 4.12 software. If someone knows anything i can try please let me know as I've been at it for 4 days now and ready to give up......anyhelp would be appreciated.

thanks in advance!!!!

You got ripped off. Where did you buy this? Kodicom doesn't make boxes for their DVR cards. Someone must be getting creative.

I've had this problem, turned out to be the graphics card (4.11 lets you use nVidia cards, newer ones are ATI only).

if i use the old version 4.11 software , then can i use it with AMD processor with inbuilt Nvidia graphic 6100 ?

please reply

thanks

this is my motherboard

Jetway M26GT3-SVP

hello can you please help me... where can i find or download the driver or kodicom kmc4400r? please send me a msg in my email if you have.... thanks

the best thing with kodicom cards is to use it with intel motherboards and Ati radeon vgacards like 9250 - x300 - x550 - x1050

also there is no problem with cards to work with Core 2 duo CPU..

and also there is software that enable minimize in server..its v4.30

all the best