Sign in to follow this  
ssnapier

The new Mobotix software is going to be pretty amazing!

These guys are talking about stuff that is really starting to make sense now, I think people are going to be seriously happy when this stuff is finally released.

They are going to include the ability to use h.264 streams directly and sometime after that they will actually even include ONVIF. That is a shocking development for those that know what their stance on ONVIF had been up to this point.

They have also announced a few other cool little toys and updates that will really, really make integrators happier people.

I think they are going to have a very long and uphill battle to win customers and integrators back. Most Mobotix integrators that I know have switched to other solutions and customer have been burned so they are also looking at other solutions.

I did see the canned demo of the new VMS at ISC. It looked ok but again it was canned and not live from cameras.

Yeah it is only in Alpha right now too. They have a few live cameras running on it during this conference, but they are mixed with recorded stuff. Dr. Hinkel got up on stage and was talking about people that have been fired and what they are doing to try to right some of the wrongs from the past. It was pretty incredible to see him just being right up front with it all. He also made everyone laigh, but he was 100% serious whehn he announced the automatic failover stuff. He said he got a call an hour before his presentation that it will be released to the public in 3 weeks, and his response to that was "either it will happen or we will have a great deal fewer developers" so he has taken the reigns back in a very big way and I think they are definitely on the right track now. Of course that doesn't mean it will be an overnight thing, but my bet is that within the next 18 months to 2 years there will be an epic rush back to these guys.

They are also releasing a dual-technology radar sensor to allow for speed based alarm triggers or speed based motion recording triggers. He said the range of the sensor is roughly 10 meters, but I think it can be remotely installed away from the camera to give you extended range for fast moving targets.

I wonder if this is a push to get Mobotix based speed cameras for law enforcement? I can think of some other physical security uses for it, but speed cameras would be pretty interesting.