Still fairly new to video surveillance, I currently have 2 IP cameras. A 3mp hikvision bullet 4mm lens and the 3mp varifocal bullet. I run Blue Iris on a desktop computer and use the android app, and currently store all video clips and snapshots to a microsoft one drive account. I came here because I am looking to see what everyone else likes for cameras. Is there anything else out there that is better at the same price point than the hikvision?

The intro part, I live in Florida, I was robbed about a month ago now, that is what got me into video surveillance and I also got a bull terrier to help protect my stuff.

Hik makes good stuff and for the price the only other thing I can think of that would compete is Dahua, but Hik is WAY easier to get your hands on and far more prevalent. Honestly, I would just stick with what you have.

Hik makes good stuff and for the price the only other thing I can think of that would compete is Dahua, but Hik is WAY easier to get your hands on and far more prevalent. Honestly, I would just stick with what you have.

That's what I figured, I'm getting ready to get camera #3 and I really want another varifocal, the 4mm works well on the back porch (I made a good guess) but the varifocal really gives more flexibility, the current one is in the living room. It was the first one I got so I at least wanted to know if someone broke in, then I got the 4mm for the back porch (where they came in) to see how I like them because they are so much cheaper. If the varifocal were about $100 cheaper I would just order some of those and call it a day. cctv china has them for $240 shipped on allieexpress but I dunno if I want to mess with that or wait forever to get it.