super20g

Motion Detection w Dahua HDB3200C & Synology? Other Options?

Hello, I recently purchased several Dahua IPC-HDB3200C cameras and a Synology DiskStation 1812+ where I am running the Surveillance Station 6.3 package. This system is installed in a low traffic sub division where most of the IP cameras are mounted outdoors.

After upgrading the firmware to the latest (2013.12.24) release for these IP cameras and tweaking both camera and Surveillance Station settings until my fingers went numb, I find both Surveillance Station and the IP cameras offerings and accuracy for motion detection and notifications pretty much useless.

I need to record all legitimate motion outside of common weather conditions such as rain, snow, changes in exposure when going from sunny to cloudy, etc..

Also, I don't care what is going down the street and I don't want to be notified for each occurrence, but I do want to record and archive it for good measure.

But if an object enters my property, I want to record it and get an email or push notification with a snapshot/video clip once motion is detected in those defined areas.

Those just seem like daily real life needs for most any security system that doesn't just blindly record 24/7.

I am figuring out that this hardware/software appears to not be capable of handling these needs accurately.

Can someone recommend appropriate hardware that will handle these basic needs? I appreciate your time.

currently all IPC and NVR are lower thern version 2.2. means if you connect to different brands, there's only 24/7 recording. the worse one is version 2.0, it has problem with rtsp connections.

when the onvif version 2.3 comes, this problem will be solved, motion recording and full function (change camera setting from nvr). i currently have tried brands dahua with Q1C1, acti with Q1C1, they works perfectly, perfect video, but just no motion recording.