JoshCCTV

Are these hikvision ip cameras good?

Anyone bought from here?

Are these cameras any good. Thanks

This camera performs well. Similar to an ALIBI IP Dome camera I just purchased. I have Warranty concerns since this seller is in China.

How's the facial shot ability from lets sat 50 ft? And also at night? Any recommendation on stateside seller. What type of warranty are u expecting?

If you get the 4mm lens one 50 FT in the day time is a stretch for facial. Night time even if you have good lighting or an IR illuminator...50 Ft is too far for face.

Edited by Guest

If you get the 4mm lens one 50 FT in the day time might be a stretch for facial. Night time if you have good lighting or an IR illuminator...50 Ft might still be too much for face.

There is no "might" to it, you will not have the facial detail you are looking for at 50 feet.

@ssnapier What are people using for facial? Isn't this a 3megapixel not enough data on a face shot?? I read an article a while back in facial and they need about 250pixels correct me if I'm wrong. In 3000000 mil pixels that can't be done at 50 ft. I thought this is what digital is useful for. !!!

I would get the 12mm lens to ID someone at 50', will work fine because I can ID someone at 25' with a 4mm lens, so figure you need 8mm to do it, so 12mm should be piece of cake.

@buellwinkle did you say you we're using this hikvision cameras with a 4mm lense? What do they come with stock?

@buellwinkle did you say you we're using this hikvision cameras with a 4mm lense? What do they come with stock?

They usually do come with a 4mm lens.