Sign in to follow this  
riahc3

NVR sytem for company

Hello

My company wants to do a NVR system and we are studying some options.

First choice is the QNAP VS-4112 Pro+ for the storage center.

With these, the WD40PURX drives.

And for cameras I have no ideas; Two at least have to be exterior ready as they will be used to see outside of the place and will be placed outside. Some recommendations? We want them to be able to see at night too. Sound is not required. I have no idea if we want wifi or PoE; Which ever is better bang for buck.

Thank you

I would start by checking the supported cameras list for that QNAP unit. These are decent systems, but make sure you are only looking at cameras that they support.

http://www.qnapsecurity.com/pro_compatibility_IntegratedCamera.asp

Also, wifi cameras are a bunch of garbage most of the time. You will be far better off using standard wired (POE powered) cameras.

Thank you for the very quick reply ssnapier

How much cost difference is there between a wifi and a PoE?

We are pretty much set on that QNAP VS-4112 Pro+ so I will indeed check out those cameras. Out of those, any of those catch your eye? BTW, I think the list is this one: http://www.qnap.com/NVR/CompatibilityX01.html

Thanks again.

It depends on the use case, I would not want to recommend a camera without knowing what you want to see, from how far away, and at what height do you plan to mount them?

It depends on the use case, I would not want to recommend a camera without knowing what you want to see, from how far away, and at what height do you plan to mount them?

I understand. I apologize for not giving enough information.

The roof of the place (top level where a indoor camera will be at) is about 10 meters high. Outside it reaches about another 1m or 2m.

We already have one camera in place (this one will be discarded but I'm stating it for reference purposes). This one is about 6-7m high and is used to see who comes in and out of the warehouse. The person that monitors it tells me that she cannot clearly see the face of the person but can tell the face if she recognizes him (basically, if I enter, she knows my face and its more familiar). This, again for reference, is a Cisco WVC210.

We have another camera in a remote location. This one is a bit harder to describe as it is inside a closed machine so its quality may be overdone. About 2cm away with a LED light on, I cant see some letters. This is a LevelOne FCS-0031

Our wish is to be able to see at night and more or less like the Cisco; Quality that is enough to recognize the face of the person but it doesn't have to be 1080 or anything.

I hope this gives more insight

Also, we can do mix and match: Inside the office, we can have some low res, IP51 cheaper ones and outside, some high res, high end, IP68 cameras for snow, rain, dust, etc.

IP cameras are not my thing so...