Sign in to follow this  
bu11_mkt

Video Insight

I've used it and really like it! Very simple to use and configure once you play around with it! Awesome remote access no matter what browser your using too!

Two Thumbs Up!

I sell and install it. Lots of features and integrates Easily to any network. I installed 6 servers in 2 days; replaced old outdated CCTV equipment and integrated into Local Area Network, including archive of saved video to network storage RAID. What was interesting is that when I replaced the old the customer(s) noticed that most of the camera's were out of focus or just poor camera's. This organization tossed out 1000's of VHS tapes and removed the responsibility of swapping tapes for ever! Before VI the video could only be viewed if you stoof in front of the monitor position. Now, every Manager, Supervisor, or employee with a PC (and everybody has one) can view the camera's. Security features allow the Supervisors to exclude camera's from those they don't want "looking" in. One of the systems already caught a person stealing money.....and the transfer of the video to the police took less than 5 minutes. and i'll shut-up now..................

yes PC based systems require more maintenance, BUT, it is usually in the form of automatic OS updtates.

The "Video Server" should be allowed to perform the function as a Server and nothing else. Once you install and get running all you need to do is manage the video from a client work station. Internet browsing is simple, and admin management is also done from the client. The video is there to look at anytime you wish and you do not need to be in front of the Server to do it.