Channels: 8

Alarm in: 8

Alarm out: 3

System 2.610.0000.5

Build date 25-05-13

Web: 2.1.7.78

Serial No: PA3FF06900515

Upgrade.....

I would like to find out if the Serial No can tell me what Model number of NVR i have.

Dahua NVR3208P or a Dahua NVR5208P ?

I have opened the NVR to find any sticker with the S/N, P/N and or Model but there is none.

The Serial No given via the "Version" window is also on the pcb inside the NVR so maybe this is the real serial number of the NVR and not some software number.

Should it be possible that one of you guys can see if the serial number via the version window matches the serial number on the box it was shipped in?

Maybe somone can tell me how to do a test to find out the difference between the two NVR Models so i am sure wich one i have here.

Thanks Ward.

The response of Dauhua is that theire asking for a P/N number.

I would love to but there is no sticker or tag on the NVR with whatever number on it.

Should it be possible that one of you guys can see if the serial number via the "version" window matches the serial number on the box it was shipped in? Just to prouve i'm wrong or not.

Ward.

Yes, of course the s/n that you get on the web interface is the real s/n, and it should be the same on the box.

Depends on location. Some of them are the S/N of the motherboards, not the product itself.

If i log in via the dahua console (888888) and go to the "version" screen via

Main menu -> Info -> Version, there is displayed:

Channels: 8

Alarm in: 8

Alarm out: 3

System 2.610.0000.5

Build date 25-05-13

Web: 2.1.7.78

Serial No: PA3FF06900515

Upgrade.....

I would like to find out if the Serial No can tell me what Model number of NVR i have.

Dahua NVR3208P or a Dahua NVR5208P ?

I have opened the NVR to find any sticker with the S/N, P/N and or Model but there is none.

The Serial No given via the "Version" window is also on the pcb inside the NVR so maybe this is the real serial number of the NVR and not some software number.

Should it be possible that one of you guys can see if the serial number via the version window matches the serial number on the box it was shipped in?

Maybe somone can tell me how to do a test to find out the difference between the two NVR Models so i am sure wich one i have here.

Thanks Ward.

If you have TV OUT and an eSATA connector, it's a 5208. If not, it's 3208.

Thanks for the answers so far.

looking at the manual rear view picture both 3208 and 5208 have no esata port.

i now see that there is a difference in eth port location between the 2 models.

The back of my nvr looks the same like the 52/P rear view in the manual.

The front of my nvr looks the same like the 32/P front view in the manual.

Then the serial number not matching...

That is why i try to find out wich one i have.

Dahua manuals are always slight changes to the model supplied and you won't always see the same DVR that you have in it's manual.

I can understand your confusion. dexterash just gave you the real answer to your issue. Its the best indicator you are going to get without opening the box and ripping the motherboard out and searching for numbers. (Don't do that please)

Why is it important?

If HDMI port = TV out, then the answer from Dexterash is not correct (sry).

Both the models have HDMI out.

eSATA out, none of the models has eSATA out port. (according to my manual)

Why is it so important?

The difference between the two models?

3208-P model: 4-channel 1080P, with the transmission rate of 8Mbps for each channel

5208-P model: 8-channel 1080P, with the transmission rate of 8Mbps for each channel

what happens if i would update the nvr with the wrong (model) upgrade?

suppose the nvr has a problem (warranty) and i have to go back to the store, with a different S/N?

I think i know what the answer would be.

To ease my mind.

So now is the time to correct any error but i have to be sure with good arguments.

HDMI port is one, Analog TV OUT port - BNC Connector marked as Video Out - is a different one.

Manuals are generic for these products, since the product line is very dynamic, trying to keep up with the latest technologies available.

The eSATA feature I cannot confirm for now (bad memory), but the TV OUT one is a sure thing.

L.E. S/N will not change on update. Also, if the firmware is bad and the update is done via the official way, the worst it could happen is that you'll get an error, but the NVR will not update.