Sign in to follow this  
Ward

Multiple channel camera location

For the moment i only have 2 POE camera's hooked up on the Dahua nvr.

1 camera is visible on the multiple channel view as cam1 so all ok but the second camera always comes up as cam5.

Is there a way tho release the built in switch/router so the second camera shows as cam2 ?

I have tried factory default via the main menu but the cam always go back to cam5.

In a few weeks i have 4 more cameras i will probably have to rearange the camera's again.

No renaming would not solve the problem because the channel renmains the same and it would be very complicated to configure alarms lights etc hooked up on the system.

The only solution i can find in the manual is to have every poe port in use. Then the system asks wich one to overwrite.

Not a verry nice solution is you ask me. No there must be an other way...i think.

from the manual:

About PoE address setup, operation and allocation.

1) Insert PoE

After you insert PoE, device may try to set a corresponding IP address of the Switch network

adapter. First, system tries to set via arp ping. It then uses DHCP if it finds the DHCP is enabled.

After successfully set IP address, system may use Switch to send out broadcast, system thinks

the connection is OK when there is any response. Now system is trying to login the newly found

IPC. Now please check the interface, you can see the corresponding digital channel is active now.

You can see a small PoE icon at the top left corner. You can see the PoE channel, PoE port

information and etc from the connection list of the remote device interface (Chapter 5.6.11). For

the IP search list, you need to click the IP search to display or refresh.

2) Remove PoE

After you removed PoE, you can see the corresponding digital channel becomes idle (disable).

On the remote device interface, it is removed from the connected list. For the IP search list, you

need to click the IP search to refresh.

3)

After you insert PoE, system follows the principles listed below to map channel.

a) If it is your first time to insert PoE, system can map it to the first idle channel. After

map, the channel can memorize the MAC address of the IPC. It is a

--- map. If current channel does not connect to other device,

system can memorize current MAC address, otherwise it can refresh to the newly

added device and memorize the ---.

b)

If it is your second time to insert the PoE, system can check the saved MAC address

according to --- map to make sure current IPC has connected

or not. If system finds the previous information and the channel is idle, system can

map it to the previously used channel. Otherwise system goes to the next step.

c) Thirdly, according to the --- map, system can know the

previous mapping channel of current PoE port. System can select current channel if

it is free. Otherwise, it goes to the next step:

d) Fourthly, system goes to find the first idle channel it can get.

Generally speaking, once you insert PoE, system follow the steps listed above to find the channel

available.

4) When you insert PoE, all channels are in use now.

System can pop up a dialogue box for you to select a channel to overwrite. The title of the pop-up

interface is the name of the current operation PoE port. In this interface, All PoE channel become

grey and can not select.