Sign in to follow this  
friendfoe29

First timer here! Question about car alarm

I'm not sure exactly where this question should belong but I have a question

about car alarms. My car recently (the last 3 weeks) has been vandalized twice.

I have a car cam but it doesn't have night vision so in the dark parking lot

I had my car, you can't see anything.

I've moved my car elsewhere now. Just wondering here, my car has an alarm system

so if someone tries to break into the car, the alarm will set off. The problem is, what

good is a car alarm if there's no way for the car to notify the owner that the alarm

has gone off?

Sometimes I could be parked a couple blocks away and I'd never be able to hear the

car alarm going off. Sure, the alarm is to scare away the criminal and hopefully get the

attention of other ppl around my car, but what I mean is, it sucks walking to my car

in the morning ready to enjoy a beautiful day and only to find that my windshield was

smashed or whatnot. Isn't there some sort of technology by which a car can communicate

or contact it's owner via a pager system or even a cell phone transmission, by notifying the

owner that the car alarm has just been triggered? That way, I can be alerted right away and

track down the criminals rather than to find out 24 hours later when I walk to my car the next

morning or something.

Obviously, the car would require some sort of built-in cell phone or built-in wifi/internet or maybe just something like a walkie talkie and how it can use radio waves?

I'm trying to figure out what's out there in terms of how to get notified right away that my car alarm has been triggered. Does anyone know if we have such technology available to the average consumer or is this still not out yet and just for military use?

I'm not sure exactly where this question should belong but I have a question

about car alarms. My car recently (the last 3 weeks) has been vandalized twice.

I have a car cam but it doesn't have night vision so in the dark parking lot

I had my car, you can't see anything.

I've moved my car elsewhere now. Just wondering here, my car has an alarm system

so if someone tries to break into the car, the alarm will set off. The problem is, what

good is a car alarm if there's no way for the car to notify the owner that the alarm

has gone off?

Sometimes I could be parked a couple blocks away and I'd never be able to hear the

car alarm going off. Sure, the alarm is to scare away the criminal and hopefully get the

attention of other ppl around my car, but what I mean is, it sucks walking to my car

in the morning ready to enjoy a beautiful day and only to find that my windshield was

smashed or whatnot. Isn't there some sort of technology by which a car can communicate

or contact it's owner via a pager system or even a cell phone transmission, by notifying the

owner that the car alarm has just been triggered? That way, I can be alerted right away and

track down the criminals rather than to find out 24 hours later when I walk to my car the next

morning or something.

Obviously, the car would require some sort of built-in cell phone or built-in wifi/internet or maybe just something like a walkie talkie and how it can use radio waves?

I'm trying to figure out what's out there in terms of how to get notified right away that my car alarm has been triggered. Does anyone know if we have such technology available to the average consumer or is this still not out yet and just for military use?

Python/Viper or any DEI alarm with the GSM add-on. Most of their alarms will notify you from far away (take their stated distances and reduce by a half). You can get a warning on your remote and a text on your phone if you have a smart phone.