Sign in to follow this  
infringer

A couple more questions

First off I want to say Thank You to all of you that have helped me so far, this has been my first CCTV project and the wealth of information you guys have provided has helped me tremendously.

But to follow that, I have a few more questions.

I have a 4 camera setup in one building and another 4 camera setup in a seperate building (will be adding more cameras to each building as we go along as well). In a few months I well have another building to add cameras too and we are looking at about 20-25 cameras for that install.

So I have finally decided to go with PC-based DVRs, and have decided that each building will have its own DVR system. These DVRs will mostly be accessed via remote viewing over our LAN (all buildings connected via fiber).

I have only seen and read up about Geovision & Video Insight cards, but any other recommendations is good as well.

So here are my questions:

1) Are either Geovision or VideoInsight cards stackable? Or do I need to purchase the maximum number of camera possibilities when I order the cards?

2) What is a normal recording frame rate? I don't have to see fluid motions but some of the cameras I need to be able to recognize faces.

3) What is the normal live view frame rate? I would guess that is 30 fps/camera?

Here are my general requirements:

- Need to be able to have multiple users connected via remote view at the same time.

- Playback/Live View/Recording Simulataneously

- Would like to be able to see all three DVRs at the same time (central monitoring)

I think that will do it for me.

Again, thank you for all your help!

-David

The Video Insight VJ240 and the VJ32 expansion card will allow you to do 32 camera's. Video Insight also allow you to view all the DVR's you want and also "pull" video pics' from any server you want and see them all live on one screen.

Normal recording frame rate is 3 - 4 for me. This gives me plenty of fluid motion and reduces data storage requirements.

Normal live view is 30fps but I never go beyond 7 or 8.

Ability to recognize faces depends on alot but to answer your question; a1 frame of a perfect pic will provide facial recognition if the pic/system is quality to begin with. bpf, bytes per frame is what enriches the frame with more definition..more bytes more definition. so you can have facial at 320x240 and higher if your settings are high, the camera's in focus, and the the face is in the pic. higher resolutions provide better pics......ie. 640x480.

A 32 camera DVR will require a Server with some high end CPU processing power..........ie.....P4 dual core 3.4 EE "extreme" so that you can run all the camera's at 640x480............

For both Video Insight & Geovision, is the central monitoring an extra piece of software or does it come with the package?

Of the install that will be 25 cameras, 12 of those cameras will be on a either timed motion detection or we may even install a button to trigger recording. What those 12 cameras will be used for is to record a vehicle as it is driving through our washing bay, then we can compare it to the last trip through the bay and see when damage occurs. (Vehicles go through the bay before every departure).

Thanks!

-David

software is included...........and Video Insight also has a digital card you can purchase that you can connect "contact switches" into so that when a contact is triped the Video Server records that area/camera's. But I think that the motion settings in the software will be able to be set so that anytime a vehicle enters, a person enters, or motion in general happens that you'll get your required video recorded. I set all the camera's to motion and then adjust them to record properly, block/mask things I don't want them to record, and after they are tweaked you just leave it ru.

My brother has a car wash in Wisconsin with a cheap video system in it now and I am going to go up this Summer and wire his whole place with the Video Insight package. He has an enclosed wash rack system where the doors open and close when used. And he has a detail area where they hand wash/wax.

you'll find that Video Insight will do everything you want and more.