LIAMG

Verifact A quality isses:upgrade question

I just started working with some Louroe surveilance equipment and am still getting farmiliar with it. And am looking to increase the quality of audio somehow. (The mics are specifically the Verifact A model)

So basically, I have 4 different cameras/mics wired into an IF-8 interface adapter which then runs into a Sanyo DSR-M810H DVR.

The people that I'm working with need the audio to be extremely clear. (its for a case study for a University).

So, my idea was to somehow directly hook up a AKG MP40 wireless Lavalier/Marantz into the DVR that will directy coincide with the video being captured. I dont want to have to resynch the audio vid later.

Any suggestions, and how exactly should I do this if its possible? Anything is appreciated....

I can't exactly answer your question, but I really like the Verifact A mics. When you're looking to pick up a whisper from 30 feet away, they're for sure the way to go, but due to their sensitivity, they're also fairly easily overloaded.

Perhaps a compressor/limiter would help the situation?

yeah, according to the reasearch ive recently dug up and everyone i talked to, the VAs seem to be very reliable. Going to check out the DVR, maybe even try an equalizer if the problem persists.

The Verifact A is a nice mic and puts out good quality audio for surveillance purposes but Sanyo's DVR isn't exactly the best audio recording device either. What exactly are you trying to record and what are you playing it back on?

Have you tried using the AP-8 instead of the IF-8? That alone should improve your playback. Also you only mention a Sanyo 810..you don't have 4 cameras and 4 mics all running into the same single channel DVR do you?

what kind of compression is the audio recorded as? Can you adjust it? I know those older sanyo dvrs (2-3 years) really did not have any quality much less with audio. But I am not sure if yours goes back that far as those dvr's i saw did. But Check the compression. Check adjustments 8 all the way probably up to 32khz

I've used the VA's before with a geo system. They worked great, the audio synced well and had no problems. I could hear people in other rooms. We used the louroe amp they had to adjust the quality of the sound, as it was a bit overloud at first. It could be your dvr but did you ever try putting the mic higher, or further away from the speaking point.