superfly611

recommended outdoor ptz hd night day camera?? $1500 or under

Hi everybody! I'm new here was wondering if I could get some info or if anyone has had good experiences with a particular category of cameras. I'm looking for an outdoor PTZ HD camera for day and night that I can to watch the outside world. I am a disabled person stuck in bed all the time and I live on a beautiful farm. i am looking to get two cameras for different locations. I'm hoping to spend under or around $1500 for two cameras. If I really have to I can spend A little more. I'm hoping to get a camera that will zoom about thousand feet or more nicely with a wide angle. I will be mounting it on a pole or putting it in a high location so I don't know if they need to be worried about lightning strikes or any other things like that such as wind and vibration and have a gyroscope to stabilize it. Like I said I'm new to the CCTV world. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks advance

When it comes to ip ptz cameras, you'd very likely be looking at 2 megapixel cameras that probably do 18x to 20x zoom.

To get two for $1500, you'd have to look at brands like Dahua and you still may go a little over.

For around $1500 each, the Geo Vision is pretty good bang for the buck.

You're not gonna get a wide angle view when zoomed in.

Also if night views are important, you will need to do something about lighting

i think dahua SD59230S-HN could meet your requirement. It supports ipad/iphone/android phone watching, 2pcs i think 1400USD is enough.

Here is the specification:

High Definition:

1080P(Full-HD)

Special Features:

Waterproof / Weatherproof

Model Number:

SD59230S-HN

Style:

PTZ camera

Focal Length:

4.3mm~129mm (30x Optical zoom)

Image Sensor:

1/2.8' CMOS

IR distance:

80meters

Pan/Tilt Range:

Pan: 0° ~ 360°endless;Tilt: -15° ~ 90°, auto flip 180°

Manual Control Speed:

Pan: 0.1° ~300° /s;Tilt: 0.1° ~200° /s

POE:

YES

Format:

PAL/NTSC

Preset Speed:

Pan:400° /s;Tilt: 300° /s

waterproof :IP66

That Dahua would be a nice price to feature fit to what you want.

If you choose to power it over Poe beware it requires Poe+ due to its 20 watt power consumption where standard Poe is 15 watts

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I took a look at the camera with some sample videos.

MGB the dahua looked pretty nice. I looked at the Geo vision and I did not like it as much. It looked like they were 20 frames per second whereas the dahua was 30 to 60 I believe. and all around not as good.

You also mentioned

MGB -- "If you choose to power it over Poe beware it requires Poe+ due to its 20 watt power consumption where standard Poe is 15 watts"

Can you explain that to me? I thought I saw that they do offer power over ethernet adapters for their camera. Maybe I'm not understanding what you said. I'm not that familiar with power over ethernet but would like it if possible.

Also I forgot to mention this point but a wiper is also A feature I sort of would need. It would be mounted on high pole so cleaning it would be a problem. I know this is going to up the price so we can adjust it A little higher.

hey for a 1000 foot zoom to see nicely what type of zoom cameras are we looking at? would the 30x be good? i was wondering if i invest a little more what would be good? so far i do like the dahua besides the things I mentioned.

One final thing whats the cable I'm going to need to run and what type of distance will be ok to have. if its poe isn't it cat 6?

i really appreciate everyones help.

If the manufacturer has a Poe injector for that model, than you should be good.

You can run either cat 5e or Cat 6

I've been looking at a lot of different cameras and I'm starting to really like dahua SD6AW220/230-HN. I'm trying to find a way I can preview what the software would look like that comes with it if any? I looked on YouTube for ways to preview the video on PC or Mac and I'm not finding an easy way or how I can just set the feed up. Is it only viewable through a web browser? Do I need a DVR or some sort of hardware or can I just connect it to my network? I basically just want to put the video on my TV and be able to control the camera by way of the computer. Is this possible or do I need a joystick controller (like the board they have to zoom in and control the camera)? i am hoping it will be a steady stream without choppiness.

We're going to be having a ditch open soon to run a few other wires and I need to see what I should put in the ground. it's just category 6 Ethernet right? Some of the other cameras use a different type of wire. It looks like a coaxial Cable. I have an e-mail into dahua in reference to length of the cable and specifications but does anyone know off the top of their head what the maximum length that can be run or things i should be aware of?

I'm not sure of all the specifics on that camera but pretty much, if its an IP camera, then the Cat 6 is all that's needed for it.

You should be able to control ptz through the software without the need for a control panel.

With IP ptz' I have even used usb game pads with analog sticks (kinda like a play station controller)

I came across this camera and found it to be quite interesting! It's even cheaper than the dahua SD59230S-HN. it looks like it's pretty good and nicely built. It is also a company that is built in the United States. they Have a good warranty services the way it looks. Has anyone heard of this company or dealt with this camera?

I don't know how to post a link but here it is.

http://www.rugged-cctv.com/infrared-ptz-camera.shtml

It actually looks like a cool camera. The built in wiper is nice.

But that's not an ip or megapixel camera.

It's a 530tvl analog, though it is available in HD-sdi which would require a special dvr.

I did not catch that. I'm glad that you caugh that t I'm definitely not getting that one. I'll have to look at more options. Did you have any other options besides the Dahua? i may be I'll upping my price limit. Also it's going to be about 300+ feet away can you give me some ideas on powering the unit? Not sure how its going to be powered or set up. Some maybe POE and others might have a separate power supply. I'll just dig a different trench if it's powered on its own.

I haven't purchased my camera yet but I saw that there is a new version of the dahua outdoor PTZ camera.

SD6AL230FN-HNI

I was wondering if anyone's had experience with this and if they like it?

Also, do these dahua PTZ cameras Have some sort of image stabilization? Is that what EIS stands for?

SD6AL230FN-HNI

SD6AL240-HNI

SD6AW230-HNI

Or any other cameras that or outdoor PTZ with a wiper and nighttime vision capabilities

I'm open to other brands as well As long as they are HD

thanks