dksellou

why dvr camera skips time intervals when recording

hi.

i have 4 surveillance cameras installed in my house and I was checking the recording and there is no recording from 3 in the morning till 6 or 7 in the morning....sometimes the times can vary... I noticed it happens always around this time.

what can cause that?

I thought it would be 24/7 recording.

Any ideas how to fix this? what settings to look for and adjust?

I know I am not giving any details about my system but I think the question is general and it may require the same solution for all kinds of cameras.

Please advice and thanks

is this an IP system or does it have a DVR? The brand and model would be helpful in getting an answer....

Unless that is, there are some psychic members looking in, in which case could you put me in touch with

the guy that ran off owing me money?

Look into the scheduling menu. That will tell you how the recording behavior is set.

Also, the setup for each individual input on the dvr should have some setup for continued recording or motion recording, etc.

I'm assuming the dvr is one of those no name Chinese models that just say h.264 dvr on the front.

There should be manufacturers info somewhere, either on a sticker underneath the unit or in the manual.

Thanks mgb

unfortunately the dvr is mounted on the wall and I cannot detach it...

i checked the schedule. I will try to posy a picture if i figure out how!

:9

Do the cameras actually work at night? Check the live play on that time frame to see if they are geting any video.

Maybe at night when the IR kicks in there is not enough power for all the cameras to work, and they are just showing a NO VIDEO until there is light again.

No, they work...

They work until 3:15 am... Then when i see the recording i notice that they skip to 6:30 or 7 leaving a recording gap of 3 hours...

I checked the schedule and seems it is scheduled for every single second for motion and sensor settings.

I dont know why it is happening

No, they work...

They work until 3:15 am... Then when i see the recording i notice that they skip to 6:30 or 7 leaving a recording gap of 3 hours...

I checked the schedule and seems it is scheduled for every single second for motion and sensor settings.

I dont know why it is happening

Have you actually checked them LIVE at 4 in the morning? Have you seen the live video, and made sure there is video at 4am?

Not the recordings, but live video. Do you actually see video on all cameras at that time?

I never thought of this.

You are right. I will wake up tonight during this time and check it.

I will update tomorrow.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help!

I checked yesterday night and everything is recording!

This is weird.

I tweaked a few things in schedule settings but I don't know if it has to do with the fact that is now fixed....

I will keep posted if tomorrow morning is not recorded.

Thanks for your time

Walk around outside at that time and see if it records you.

It may be set to only record activity. And if there is no activity, then there will be no recordings.

Also read the instruction manual cover to cover. That will tell you all about these various settings and also how to record continuously if you want to do that.

If you do not have an instruction manual, get one!