Sign in to follow this  
renaud

Synology Surveillance Station and Hikvision cams

Hello,

I have a Synology DS713+ on which I use surveillance station. I have some 3MP hikvision cameras (mainly DS-2CD2032-I) connected to it. At first, I configured them with the hikvision "driver" and noticed that 12 FPS was the maximum framerate at 3MP. Now I reconfigured them with PSIA, and I can crank up the framerate to 20FPS.

Has anyone experienced differences between PSIA and hikvision drivers?

The DS-2CD2032-I is a 3Mp@12fps camera or 2Mp@25fps camera. It can do 2048x1536@12fps or 1920x1080@25fps. So the 12fps limitation is on the camera specifications, not on your NAS.

Even if you are recording at 20fps, I doubt you are geting any more than 12fps from the camera. Recording at 20fps you might be repeating frames and wasting HD storage...

It can do 2048x1536@12fps or 1920x1080@25fps

Are you positive about those numbers? That looked funny to me so I checked Hikvision's site and it seems to contradict that (I could be wrong).

I was positive; but not any more

http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=7326

These models used to be 2048x1536@12fps or 1920x1080@25fps, but now they are listed as 2048x1536@20fps or 1920x1080@25fps. Guess somewhere along the way they updated either the hardware or software, I did try one of my cameras, and when I change the resolution from 1920x1080 to 2048x1536, it does lower by itself the frame rate from 25fps to 20fps.

Maybe the Hikvision driver on the Sinology software still has info that the cameras are 12fps, and it won't do any more, even if the camera is now able to do it?

Hello,

I have a Synology DS713+ on which I use surveillance station. I have some 3MP hikvision cameras (mainly DS-2CD2032-I) connected to it. At first, I configured them with the hikvision "driver" and noticed that 12 FPS was the maximum framerate at 3MP. Now I reconfigured them with PSIA, and I can crank up the framerate to 20FPS.

Has anyone experienced differences between PSIA and hikvision drivers?

Hello,

Like you, I also have a DS713+ and some DS-2CD2032-I cameras. I posted a similar question (on the synology forum) a couple of months or so back, but unfortunately I didn't get a reply:

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=87945

While PSIA mode offers 20fps support, I find that it keeps resetting the camera's internal quality settings back to low quality each day. ONVIF also offers 20fps, but you loose the ability to use internal camera motion detection.

Synology appear to have implemented native support for the DS-2CD2032-I in one of the very first device packs, so I'm guessing that they haven't updated the support for this camera since then.

Craig.