Sign in to follow this  
clarkson

External Camera Housings

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a problem with some external cameras, Our CAD guy forgot to include an electrical symbol for each of the external cameras for a 240 volt supply.

The 240 supply was to provide power for the heater, the problem is that the Electrical contractor has not wired mains to each camera.

It looks like we have to install each of the IP box cameras in the enclosure with no heater.

I was going to seal the enclosure with silcone and put silca gel in the enclosure to absorb any mositure.

I am hoping that the camera will also provide some heat within the enclosure to aid any condensation on the glass

Have any of you guys installed external cameras with no heater and was a success or if you have any pointrs

Thanks for your replies

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a problem with some external cameras, Our CAD guy forgot to include an electrical symbol for each of the external cameras for a 240 volt supply.

The 240 supply was to provide power for the heater, the problem is that the Electrical contractor has not wired mains to each camera.

It looks like we have to install each of the IP box cameras in the enclosure with no heater.

I was going to seal the enclosure with silcone and put silca gel in the enclosure to absorb any mositure.

I am hoping that the camera will also provide some heat within the enclosure to aid any condensation on the glass

Have any of you guys installed external cameras with no heater and was a success or if you have any pointrs

Thanks for your replies

Yoou're going to have to replace the heater with a 12/24v replacment and install a 12dc or /24vac supply. You'll need to run an additional cable for the power. I do NOT advise sealing moisture in with silicone even if it will be absorbed by dessicant, it will still be in the enclosure.