aquanuke

PTZ and Geo gv-800

Speaking to a PTZ supplier today he said that if the Geo GV-800 supports..

"the protocol of Pelco-D,Pelco-P and etc"

Then his unbranded PTZ will work.

The etc bit is alittle open. But does the GV-800 support that protocol and does that sound true.

Thanks.

Also is there any point having a day and night PTZ if it will always be zoomed out?

It may work .... i would go with something that is known to work though, unless you have alot of time on your hands

Ive set up a GE Cyberdome with the Geo within minutes ...

Others are Merlit Lilin, Sensormatic, etc

Zoomed out? Wider angle?

Most PTZs are not wide angle anyway, they are generally 1/4" or more.

Day night is useful, if you need it or can afford it, in the brand names, higher quality PTZs, a Day Night will cost much more than strictly a color or BW PTZ.

The no name PTZs are cheap, and there's a reason for that ... I mean they will work, 1/2 the time at least, but there is a huge difference in what you get with them, compared to a high quality PTZ from a popular name brand. Some no name PTZs are very good, but generally those arent the ones OEM distributors are pushing ..

What your supplier say is true! All you need is to use an RS232-485 Converter in conjunction with their speed dome. Have been using them for a couple of years. Also, most of the PTZ nowadays comes with multi-protocol.

We use Merit lilin speed domes with Geo regularly.

There is one glitch with the remote use. If you stop a tour to control the camera then its not possible to start the tour remotely only locally.

We have informed Geo of this with no result.

Is it possible to add different ptz protocols to geovision?

I have 2 pelco d ptz and am trying to add a pelco spec 111.

Can it be added on the same com port, or do you have to assign different protocols to their own com?

i've had a little play with it and it appears not at this stage

Not familiar with geovision but most likely it will only do 1 protocol at a time through the same port. Most the dvr's out there use pelco p & d as well as most PTZ's out there use those protocols. You should be able to daisy chain as many ptz's as you have video ports to record and have the controls all in the same port.

JMANOFNVS thanks.

I have the spectra111 setup as pelco d along with the other two on the same com port.

To use it to its "full" i guess i need to set it on its own com port and select spectra 3 in setup.

Can anyone confirm?

I am trying to make use of the tracking ability it has.

barely, im stuck on some code and trying to come up with some ideas to fix it ... i just fell asleep in front of the PC so i think ill call it a night ..

Yeah,catch some ZZZZZ's.

it works fine on its own com port, now to try and set it up for tracking.

Is it possible to add different ptz protocols to geovision?

I have 2 pelco d ptz and am trying to add a pelco spec 111.

Can it be added on the same com port, or do you have to assign different protocols to their own com?

i've had a little play with it and it appears not at this stage

Cam2,

You can add multiple Spectra III's on the same COM port of the DVR, just address each PTZ differently and it works fine. As for Object Tracking feature with GEO, the Spectra III does not work (at least it hasn't worked for us).

As for interrupting a PTZ tour remotely and then not being able to start the tour back up; there is a way around that. Using a Spectra III, create Auto Groups (not Tour). When you take control of the PTZ remotely you will then be able to start the Group up again which accomplishes the same thing as a tour. Easy work around there, we do it often.

Scottj

Scottj

Scott, i knew you would come to the rescue,thanks.

I have set the spec 111 dome on its owm com port no prblem, i have spec 11's on another com port and it all works fine.

i just noticed on Geo . tw that a specta 111 is now listed as a compatible camera to make use of its tracking feature.

if you say it cant be done then it cant.

It just seems a little strange that it goes through the setup on tracking and zooming and works flawlessly when in "test" mode, then ceases to function in the actual tracking activated mode.

It works no problem in (object tracking view) both in single camera mode and in quad view.

It follows the programmed instructions correctly and parks as it should after allowed zoom mode etc.

I think ver8.0 has improvemets in this feature and may well address the issue, when it comes

I have the beta 8 version, we have to get it on a box and play around with it. I'm sure it have massive bugs so may have to remove some of the features first.

I have some Spectra III's here so I may have a guy hook one up and retest the tracking, but if I remember correctly it didn't work. Maybe I wil toss one online and post a link for you all to play with on T1 so you can get a decent movement.

Scottj

Nice one.

I can send you a link to mine and see what you think.

I also noticed the spectra111 wont show its osd when setup as spectr111 in config but will when setup as pelcod?

Strange, maybe why it wont fully track.......

No it wont show osd in spectra111 mode.

When its set as pelco d , no problems.

I have the actual camera set as pelco d on the dip switches, it works fine in all aspects of ptz in both modes, only no osd when set as 111 in Geovision.

Daisy chained to pelco d the osd is fine.

Do the dip switches have to be set to something else ?

We leave the dip switches at their default settings, except set the termination switch if you do not use the daisy chain installation method. Ours show the OSD with no probs, I just looked again. Just press ENTER in the setup mode, we can program the camera remotely at a customer location.

Scottj

The spectra 111 is on its own, so no need for daisy chaining.

I cant remember if its set to terminate or not.

In setup mode on spec 111 in Geo the (setup) config screen is different compared to pelco dome.

Wont allow ENTER or open iris etc to show osd, no problem when the same camera is set to pelco d.

Is default d or p or neither?

Time for me to look at the PDF.

Scott, everything was setup as it should, thanks for the pdf.

Had an email from geo tw and there is indeed a bug in software previous to ver 7.05 that explains my problems to the letter.

Going to upgrade to new ver from 7.04 .