v

Diginet site - remote view problem

I am using a Dginet site system. I can use the DVR view from other computer within my LAN. The problem is how could I set up the router or the pc, so I could view it from outside my LAN (thru internet) .

you will need to forward some ports through your router to you DVR. those ports are 8080, 8081, 8083, 8084, 8085, 8090, if you are using audio, you will also need to forward ports 3001 and 3005. also, the emergency connect port is 6911.

you will need to forward some ports through your router to you DVR. those ports are 8080, 8081, 8083, 8084, 8085, 8090, if you are using audio, you will also need to forward ports 3001 and 3005. also, the emergency connect port is 6911.[

We have tried these ports on the router (linksys etherfast wired) port forwarding config, yet, we cannot seem to fix the port number on the pc where the dvr is installed. the dvr machine is running on win98 using kodicom/diginet 4.1

After forwarding your ports after you get get a static ip from no-ip.com (unless you have static already) and download their updater. Most providers block port 8080 so change the port of the host program to 8081 and the original 8081 to 8082 so the network configuration will be 8081,8082,8083,8084, 8085, 8090. The machine will reboot. Do the same for the remote software, that machine will reboot. Make sure the site codes are the same and the passwords are the same. This should work, if you need help, feel free to pm me. Info for these pirate cards is not supposed to be posted in the forum, so if it is an ebay card or a cheapo card from China...pm me.

There is another sollution to that problem. Why don't you try to de-militerized the IP of your DVR. This works for most of my friend and myself too. May I ask you something? Is your DVR a PC-Based or is it a stand-alone DVR system?

Because putting the system in the DMZ exposes it to potential viruses. The DMZ is for embeded devices and that's it. Event then I wouldn't trust it.

Thomas is right. There is really no reason to DMZ the router...you're only asking for problems down the road.